We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

how many in here are from the stanley and consett and other local areas in county durham . - Page 3

<< < 2 3 4 >
gipa 13 Jul 17:25  

Bike:

My Profile
well for starters im from annfield plain .

eltelio 23 Jul 14:44  

Bike:

My Profile
nearly all mtb's on those rides.. I dont lead, Im one of lifes followers..

My Latest Route: May 2012 Wylam and Beyond

gipa 23 Jul 16:03  

Bike:

My Profile
well if i ever come out with you .you will definatley be the leader lmfao .

Marauder 27 Jul 06:34  

Bike:

My Profile
Hiya all

I am located in Langley Park

My Latest Route: Aug 2011 Langley Park Circular via High Stoop and Bearpark

gipa 27 Jul 08:04  

Bike:

My Profile
hi mate used to ride down there regular to see my sister ,now she has moved to crook .

im from annfield plain

eltelio 27 Jul 09:16  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi Marauder, Ive probably been past your place a 1001 times on the Lanchester Valley track. Do you use it much? I'm up in Washington by the way.

eltelio 27 Jul 09:18  

Bike:

My Profile
hi Gipa, you been out much this week then? hope youve been making the most of the half decent weather.

Marauder 27 Jul 09:27  

Bike:

My Profile
Eltelio - I used to go down the track when I did a lot of running but that was a couple of years since I have done that.

Sometimes go along the track on my rust magnet of a mtb.

I am generally on the roads these days especially as I just bought a new carbon fibre bike last week. Have only been able to take it out twice so far but I really like it.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/focus-cayo-105-ltd-2011/ which is still £880 until the end of the month. I would recomend them for the price and the components.

eltelio 27 Jul 09:42  

Bike:

My Profile
I think my running days are well and truly behind me as well, was out on road bike at the weekend down the yorkshire dales. Dont think I could ever run to a full carbon number tho. I think the one I've got (trek 2.1) is gonna have to last me a while anyway. Those focus bikes look the business anyway!

Marauder 27 Jul 10:33  

Bike:

My Profile
I couldn't resist when I saw the price it was going to be.

I have been toying with getting a new bike for a while for the summer and should hopefully get at least 2 more months out of it before going back to my old bike for the winter-ish days.

gipa 27 Jul 10:42  

Bike:

My Profile
eltel ive just done a round trip to lanchester and up the maiden law bank ,that bank is unreal .

eltelio 27 Jul 12:17  

Bike:

My Profile
It is a bit of a challenge that one! all good character building stuff as they say! did you get up in one go without stopping, or bustin a gut?

eltelio 27 Jul 12:22  

Bike:

My Profile
marauder, - yeah I've got an old road bike that I use as a hack to and from work, winter and summer. Get some strange looks cos its still got the change levers on the frame, (thats how old it is)but it does the job!

gipa 27 Jul 14:06  

Bike:

My Profile
i make it up all the time eltel ,im sweating a bit by the end of it though . might do it again soon just so i keep on my toes with it .

mr.mole 27 Jul 18:18  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi all.
Im from a little further south than you guys, im in Stockton.

From here there is a few great rides across to the coast, sometimes a short ride to saltburn. But then other time i make it across the moors up some rather steep hills and across to Whitby. That is a full days ride though.

Will any of you guys be doing the Durham beast ride in September?

eltelio 28 Jul 00:33  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi Mister Mole, dont think I'll be on The Beast this year. Booking up for anything is a bit of a nightmare cos of the shifts I work. If theres places left a bit nearer the day I might get on, or if someone drops out that I know I might substitute them.
Sounds like you are ideally placed for the moors and the coast for rides etc. I've been up that Carlton Bank a few times and had the best bacon butties ever in Lordstones cafe!
Done a cracking route out of Danby to Whitby and back too. One of my favourites. Although we found that Whitby fish and chips were not the thing to eat for that route. They were like a brick in my chest going up Sleights bank!! laters dude..

Marauder 28 Jul 05:24  

Bike:

My Profile
I have been thinking of doing the Beast for a little while now.

I was looking to do the Cyclone in Newcastle but missed out on entry - long story :( but I was really looking forward to it.

I ride a lot of the route the Beast takes and most of it isn't too many hills apart from near Tow Law. The entry fee is quite resonable too so would make it a bit more do-able.

mr.mole 29 Jul 18:07  

Bike:

My Profile
I did the beast last year and I loved it, the weather was stunningly nice which made it all the more enjoyable. I would defilanly recommend it. And I will be there, so if there is anyone doing it let me know

gipa 31 Jul 10:19  

Bike:

My Profile
is the beast hard to do and what are the hills like

mr.mole 31 Jul 10:35  

Bike:

My Profile
the beast is as it suggests a beast. The organisers say its one of the toughest rides in the country, but its not a race, its not timed, and so you take it at your own pace. Last year was the first year i have done it. A mate of mine has done it a few times, but wont be doing it this year as he is going Lands End to John o'groats. He is a fair bit faster then me though, so im glad in away. LOL.

Its a fun ride rather than a race. even though u do get those that push like mad for the best time. I think i did it in alittle over 4 hours. If your on facebook they have a page on there, or google it

gipa 31 Jul 10:46  

Bike:

My Profile
i am on facebook and ive seen pictures on there but it still dont show the true look of the beast .
ive been asked by work mate to do it in sept im unsure i will see him when we return to work if he is still wanting to do it .im off this week then back to work .

mr.mole 31 Jul 10:52  

Bike:

My Profile
well i will be doing it, and could do with someone to ride with, otherwise i'll be riding it on my own, which wont bother me. But better doing it with someone.

It is tough, im not going to lie and say its not. but its all about the challenge, is it not? For every hill u climb, u have to come down the otherside, so it swings what u struggle up u recover coming down.

If your up for it though, let me know :-)

gipa 31 Jul 11:02  

Bike:

My Profile
i will see what my work m8 says next monday .and heres a question what tyres are best for the beast .

mr.mole 31 Jul 16:18  

Bike:

My Profile
its all on road, so road tyres are best, but i always ride with off road tyres on. Its just what im used too, means i have to work harder to keep up. But I dont mind

gipa 31 Jul 16:39  

Bike:

My Profile
i have kendras on knobblies but i have a pair of continentals for road . but to be honest im sick of taking knobblies off for smooth .
so i think if i do the beast they will be knobblies .

Andrew30 06 Aug 10:54  

Bike:

Just joined today, I`m also just down the track in Washington.

gipa 06 Aug 11:10  

Bike:

My Profile
well hello andrew30 .i was out this morning and got caught in that rain coming back from durham :(it was a slog riding to consett then to annfield plain ,got off bike and did a full strip now that was a eyefull but hey you got to when you are soaking through lol .

im in me jamma bottoms chilling now as we have the grand bairn lol

its canny on here you will like .

eltelio 09 Aug 08:45  

Bike:

My Profile
hi Andrew30, I'm in Washington as well. What kind of cycling are you in to? Road, MTB, or other? Maybe get together go for a spin? I'm getting on a bit so not as fast as once was, but still managing to get out and about.

gipa 09 Aug 16:29  

Bike:

My Profile
and im from guess where

eltelio 10 Aug 01:02  

Bike:

My Profile
yeah didnt you tell us 68 posts ago?

gipa 10 Aug 02:03  

Bike:

My Profile
just checking eltel to see if you was taking notice :)

<<<234>

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.