We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

how many in here are from the stanley and consett and other local areas in county durham . - Page 2

1 2 3 > >>
gipa 13 Jul 17:25  

Bike:

My Profile
well for starters im from annfield plain .

Bonny6051 18 Jul 17:42  

Bike:

My Profile
I'll agree with John, just try it, you'll get bitten by the bug. Then again I enjoyed my MTB when I had it.

gipa 21 Jul 12:32  

Bike:

My Profile
when i see how they ride it looks like it will hurt your back :( atleast on me mtb i can be in a few diffrent positions :)

sdwalker 21 Jul 13:14  

Bike:

My Profile
Not that I am from anywere close to your area (Tonbridge in Kent) but I second Johns point, road riding is amazingly addictive but no doubt you wont pay any attention to us southern lot lol

My Latest Route: Mar 2012 Bedgebury Forest Red Route

gipa 21 Jul 13:18  

Bike:

My Profile
maybe i should try one out ,not buy one just yet ,just try one from a shop maybe :)

sdwalker 21 Jul 13:25  

Bike:

My Profile
good plan dude I bought a chaep single speed road bike which I love but need to invest in a geared bike so I can take on some longer rides.

In terms of ride position you dont have to use the drop bars, and me mate from work rides his with a modified flat bar and bar ends.

if you do decide to leave them on though gives you a great position for cruising down hills as really helps with the aerodynamics (using all them posh words again) give it a go like you said no doubt the speed you go with such little effort will get you on bored

gipa 21 Jul 13:56  

Bike:

My Profile
well im off from tomorrow for two weeks ,hopefully i will test one out in that time .3 bike shops at consett i know of ,one of them should let me do a test i think . what will be best to start off on .well test on lol

sdwalker 22 Jul 04:18  

Bike:

My Profile
have a look at some of the other posts on hear the boardman at halfords get good reviews as a bike just the service received at halfords leaves much to be desired. specialized are a good entry level, but it all depends on how much you are willing to pay.

eltelio 22 Jul 05:48  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi Gipa, if its ride position you are worried about go for something with a slightly raised front end. The handlebars will be just a little bit higher to offer more comfort over a greater distance, and you wont be at such an acute angle when down on the drops. It will be more a fast touring bike than an all out racer that you are after. There are also more hand position options on a road bike than a flat bar, even with bar ends. Hope you get what you're looking for and that this has helped anyway. Laters bud.

My Latest Route: May 2012 Wylam and Beyond

gipa 22 Jul 12:15  

Bike:

My Profile
well thanks for the info and i will see what i like in the next two weeks .eltel hows things down your neck of the woods :)to be honest ive just came in after a short ride and i want to go back out . but alas ive things to do .lets hope i win the lottery this saturday .i will buy all my people who replied brand new bikes ,so keep your fingers crossed .

eltelio 22 Jul 13:18  

Bike:

My Profile
dont know what I would do with "another" bike but thanks for the offer m8. only managed to get out yesterday on the bike. Up to the tyne, Keelmans to Swalwel, up the Derwent Valley to Consett, back home down the C2C. Good afternoon marred only by the one puncture. If I get up early enough the morra might take a ride down the dales for a spin round Whernside..thats the plan anyway!

gipa 22 Jul 15:05  

Bike:

My Profile
swallwell to consett a nice ride done it many times .how i do it is annfield plain to consett,consett to shotley bridge down the derwent walk to swallwell have a drink on seat have a picture on fb me and a lad from work after we got to swallwell . then go back same way its better coming down than going up lol .

if i get up i might just think hmmmm where to ride too :)

eltelio 22 Jul 17:46  

Bike:

My Profile
thats what I like about the old railway lines, just a nice gentle incline going inland, but you still seem to fly along going the other way. Just a practice run for the morra, might get a better day out anyway. Laters dude..

gipa 22 Jul 18:12  

Bike:

My Profile
think i might do annfield plain to brandon on the track see how long it takes i will spotypal it i think .you have a good one eltel ,i will tell you about my excursion the morra sometime .

gipa 23 Jul 09:43  

Bike:

My Profile
well this is where i went too
http://www.sportypal.com/Workouts/Embed/1378649
check it i was tired afterwards

eltelio 23 Jul 10:58  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi M8, just got in and sorted out meself. Checked out you sportypal route. only been down that way a few times meself. Usually end up down at Bishop Aukland, and come back home via Spennymoor and Durham. Thats normally a good ride out. Mostly old railways again or quiet backroads. Today I was up wi the spuggies and drove down to Ribblehead in the Dales. Done a circuit of Whernside, and now I'm completely bolloxed. My fitness levels have definitely dropped. Or it could be I had me porridge a bit early! either way I still think I should have put in a few local hills before I went down there. Not to worry a few guinness should put me right. Laters bud..

gipa 23 Jul 11:42  

Bike:

My Profile
well ive just watched tour of france and look forward to the last one stage 21 bring it on .eltel you like mountain bike or road bike .mtb for me im thinking .,ok buds laters speak soon .and very nice ride eltel .

eltelio 23 Jul 12:06  

Bike:

My Profile
use Mtb for tracks and trails locally. Used road bike today on planned route in dales. Also got Hybrid bike that I use for longer trips with panniers etc..

gipa 23 Jul 13:12  

Bike:

My Profile
nice one eltel well do u feel ok on the road bike after being a mtb rider

eltelio 23 Jul 13:20  

Bike:

My Profile
used to have a few problems switching from one to the other, but its like everything else you get used to it man..

gipa 23 Jul 14:04  

Bike:

My Profile
so when you do them rides with Health Cycling Group, Wearside Family Cycling Group is it mtb you lot do and do you lead the pack lol

eltelio 23 Jul 14:44  

Bike:

My Profile
nearly all mtb's on those rides.. I dont lead, Im one of lifes followers..

gipa 23 Jul 16:03  

Bike:

My Profile
well if i ever come out with you .you will definatley be the leader lmfao .

Marauder 27 Jul 06:34  

Bike:

My Profile
Hiya all

I am located in Langley Park

My Latest Route: Aug 2011 Langley Park Circular via High Stoop and Bearpark

gipa 27 Jul 08:04  

Bike:

My Profile
hi mate used to ride down there regular to see my sister ,now she has moved to crook .

im from annfield plain

eltelio 27 Jul 09:16  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi Marauder, Ive probably been past your place a 1001 times on the Lanchester Valley track. Do you use it much? I'm up in Washington by the way.

eltelio 27 Jul 09:18  

Bike:

My Profile
hi Gipa, you been out much this week then? hope youve been making the most of the half decent weather.

Marauder 27 Jul 09:27  

Bike:

My Profile
Eltelio - I used to go down the track when I did a lot of running but that was a couple of years since I have done that.

Sometimes go along the track on my rust magnet of a mtb.

I am generally on the roads these days especially as I just bought a new carbon fibre bike last week. Have only been able to take it out twice so far but I really like it.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/focus-cayo-105-ltd-2011/ which is still £880 until the end of the month. I would recomend them for the price and the components.

eltelio 27 Jul 09:42  

Bike:

My Profile
I think my running days are well and truly behind me as well, was out on road bike at the weekend down the yorkshire dales. Dont think I could ever run to a full carbon number tho. I think the one I've got (trek 2.1) is gonna have to last me a while anyway. Those focus bikes look the business anyway!

Marauder 27 Jul 10:33  

Bike:

My Profile
I couldn't resist when I saw the price it was going to be.

I have been toying with getting a new bike for a while for the summer and should hopefully get at least 2 more months out of it before going back to my old bike for the winter-ish days.

gipa 27 Jul 10:42  

Bike:

My Profile
eltel ive just done a round trip to lanchester and up the maiden law bank ,that bank is unreal .

123>>>

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.