We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

how many in here are from the stanley and consett and other local areas in county durham .

1 2 3 > >>
gipa 13 Jul 17:25  

Bike:

My Profile
well for starters im from annfield plain .

gipa 15 Jul 13:59  

Bike:

My Profile
am i the only one from this area on here

steelmanswheels 16 Jul 03:46  

Bike:

No i,m in consett must be more

gipa 16 Jul 04:28  

Bike:

My Profile
steelman nice to meet ya weather is poor the day

eltelio 16 Jul 12:06  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi Gipa,
just down the track a bit in Washington. No chance of getting out this weekend on bike. Orrible innit?

My Latest Route: May 2012 Wylam and Beyond

gipa 16 Jul 12:31  

Bike:

My Profile
shit day wasnt it ,im gonna hope its ok for the morra .washington aint that far so nice to meet ya .

eltelio 16 Jul 12:46  

Bike:

My Profile
yeah nice to meet you too. I'm on holidays all next week so I'm hoping to get a couple of days riding in towards the end of the week. All I've got to look forward to tomorrow is shopping with the missus in Asda.

gipa 16 Jul 12:48  

Bike:

My Profile
im at work this week ,then off 2 weeks lol ..where u usually ride like

eltelio 16 Jul 13:06  

Bike:

My Profile
The short answer to that is all ower the shop.
Last weekend meself and a couple of mates done ride out of Jedburgh.About 50 miles around the Scottish Abbeys in that Area. Cracking ride.A few weeks before that we rode the Hadrians Cycleway Route(150 miles) over Three days.Again cracking ride. Basically we like to mix it up. Get as far away as is practicable, and have a good time in the process..

gipa 16 Jul 13:23  

Bike:

My Profile
nice rides for you lot .you must be fit ones :) i was thinking of doing parkhead the morra if weather okay ,have a cuppa at cafe then come back :)

Bonny6051 16 Jul 13:30  

Bike:

My Profile
I'm from sunny Darlo. I know there are few from this here neck of the woods. Anfield Plain is a bit far for me, but I think I know where it is.
Crap weather, oh yes.

Chris.

gipa 16 Jul 13:33  

Bike:

My Profile
weather is crap chris :) touch wood its better the morra .darlo eh aint been there in years .

eltelio 16 Jul 13:33  

Bike:

My Profile
naw, not far off drawing a pension, and I'm never in a hurry to get anywhere these days. Lifes too short to hurry. Savour it!

gipa 16 Jul 13:36  

Bike:

My Profile
im getting on too i have a son 23 and daughter 20 and a grand bairn so im not that young lol .im the same i like seeing what im passing :)

john1961 16 Jul 16:19  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi gipa, i'm from Newton Aycliffe but but thats still quite a distance from you! Weather is well shit and unfortunately i'm off the bike at the momment due to a torn thigh muscle which is doing my head in, was suppose to be doing a coast to coast friday coming so well pee'd off! Is it road cycling or offroad mountain biking your into?

gipa 16 Jul 16:29  

Bike:

My Profile
mountain biking im into ride on the roads aswell though mainly stick to the tracks that are made x railway lines so its part road part tracks .ive took me knobblys off at moment and have continetals on look more for road wear . seeem to be faster aswell but speed im not bothered about really .

i love tour de france mind

john1961 18 Jul 06:18  

Bike:

My Profile
Started off Mountain Biking then as you put tyres that are smoth in the middle for the road sections, then I bought a road Bike and are totally hooked! Still have my m/b for a change!
This years tour has been excellent!

john1961 18 Jul 06:19  

Bike:

My Profile
Started off Mountain Biking then as you put tyres that are smoth in the middle for the road sections, then I bought a road Bike and are totally hooked! Still have my m/b for a change!
This years tour has been excellent!

gipa 18 Jul 12:35  

Bike:

My Profile
im addicted to the tour just wish i had bottle to get on road proper

john1961 18 Jul 16:56  

Bike:

My Profile
Just go for it you would love it!

Bonny6051 18 Jul 17:42  

Bike:

My Profile
I'll agree with John, just try it, you'll get bitten by the bug. Then again I enjoyed my MTB when I had it.

gipa 21 Jul 12:32  

Bike:

My Profile
when i see how they ride it looks like it will hurt your back :( atleast on me mtb i can be in a few diffrent positions :)

sdwalker 21 Jul 13:14  

Bike:

My Profile
Not that I am from anywere close to your area (Tonbridge in Kent) but I second Johns point, road riding is amazingly addictive but no doubt you wont pay any attention to us southern lot lol

My Latest Route: Mar 2012 Bedgebury Forest Red Route

gipa 21 Jul 13:18  

Bike:

My Profile
maybe i should try one out ,not buy one just yet ,just try one from a shop maybe :)

sdwalker 21 Jul 13:25  

Bike:

My Profile
good plan dude I bought a chaep single speed road bike which I love but need to invest in a geared bike so I can take on some longer rides.

In terms of ride position you dont have to use the drop bars, and me mate from work rides his with a modified flat bar and bar ends.

if you do decide to leave them on though gives you a great position for cruising down hills as really helps with the aerodynamics (using all them posh words again) give it a go like you said no doubt the speed you go with such little effort will get you on bored

gipa 21 Jul 13:56  

Bike:

My Profile
well im off from tomorrow for two weeks ,hopefully i will test one out in that time .3 bike shops at consett i know of ,one of them should let me do a test i think . what will be best to start off on .well test on lol

sdwalker 22 Jul 04:18  

Bike:

My Profile
have a look at some of the other posts on hear the boardman at halfords get good reviews as a bike just the service received at halfords leaves much to be desired. specialized are a good entry level, but it all depends on how much you are willing to pay.

eltelio 22 Jul 05:48  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi Gipa, if its ride position you are worried about go for something with a slightly raised front end. The handlebars will be just a little bit higher to offer more comfort over a greater distance, and you wont be at such an acute angle when down on the drops. It will be more a fast touring bike than an all out racer that you are after. There are also more hand position options on a road bike than a flat bar, even with bar ends. Hope you get what you're looking for and that this has helped anyway. Laters bud.

gipa 22 Jul 12:15  

Bike:

My Profile
well thanks for the info and i will see what i like in the next two weeks .eltel hows things down your neck of the woods :)to be honest ive just came in after a short ride and i want to go back out . but alas ive things to do .lets hope i win the lottery this saturday .i will buy all my people who replied brand new bikes ,so keep your fingers crossed .

eltelio 22 Jul 13:18  

Bike:

My Profile
dont know what I would do with "another" bike but thanks for the offer m8. only managed to get out yesterday on the bike. Up to the tyne, Keelmans to Swalwel, up the Derwent Valley to Consett, back home down the C2C. Good afternoon marred only by the one puncture. If I get up early enough the morra might take a ride down the dales for a spin round Whernside..thats the plan anyway!

123>>>

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.