We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

London to Paris

1 2 >
AJribs 18 Dec 18:42  

Bike:

Hello,

I'm planning a ride to Paris and back around June 2010. I've got the route almost sorted but would welcome any tips from anyone who's already accomplished this feat. I'm also wondering if anyone fances joining me for the ride?
Anthony

surferdude 03 Jan 16:40  

Bike:

hey - what route are you planning on doing? I am planning on cycling over to watch the end of the tour de france and would welcome any tips on routes.

phewitt 05 Jan 12:11  

Bike:

Hi Anthony,

A group of us are planning on doing the same trip in April. I have know idea where to start on the route. Would you be as kind as to share your route with us please?

Thxs,

Paul

bettrina 07 Feb 14:00  

Bike:

Hi Anthony
Looks like you have started a trend here. Am also planning to ride to paris with a mate about the same time, don't suppose you would be willing to share your route with us would you?

Thanks in advance

Johanna

boarderbloke 08 Feb 06:05  

Bike:

Hi Anthony

I've also had the daft idea to do the same. I intended to do it on my own but on second thoughts it might be best with someone else or part of a group.

I'm waiting to have an op on my knee and this is something to aim for to get fit again. Have the London triathlon on Aug! Another stupid idea

Let me know if you're interested in someone joining you. When do you plan to go and how's the training going?

Regards

Mick Aiers

mick.aiers@gm.com

RichardA1977 22 Feb 06:24  

Bike:

Hi Guys,

I too am keen to cycle from London to Paris. Am hoping to raise some cash for charity, but I don't want to sign up for one of the organised trips as the charity only seems to get half the cash. Has anyone mamaged to work out a good route? I'd be really graetful if you could send me any info, my address is raeavery(at)hotmail.com.

Thanks very much!
Richard

Johne 22 Feb 06:48  

Bike:

Hello,

Yet another one planning London to Paris in June, would appreciate any advice on what is the best route?

wonderstuff 10 Mar 17:31  

Bike:

i am thinking of doing the same - did you ever get any feed back on routes
all the best neil.

Oliver Roy 15 Mar 11:46  

Bike:

Hey Ant. I've always dreamed of doing something like this, and June is perfect because that's when my holiday begins. But I don't think I'm anywhere near ready, I've only just started taking cycling seriously. I'd probably just hold everyone back! Wish you all the best with your trip though.
Oli

ENorman 20 Mar 17:24  

Bike:

Hi Anthony
Found your note whilst planning my ride in July, hoping to have dinner in Paris for my 40th eek.
Like others wonder if you would share your route? elnathome@yahoo.co.uk
Cycled 450m circular from Nice the other year.
The route to Dover looks favourable on the A2?
Elaine

trekkerman 27 Mar 04:36  

Bike:

HI

I'm planning on coming over from the US in June-July and I'm looking to do London-Barcelona....Would love to know what route you are taking to Paris. It would help a great deal.

Thanks
Edmond

johnbobsquarepants 13 Apr 15:49  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi Everyone,

My sister and I were going to do ths this year but after she had an argument with a taxi we have had to put it off till next year.

Just a note, from what I have seen of the organised trips (for charities and whatnot)
they do tend to take you down the old A2 to dover and then down to paris from there, Im sure I have a pdf o a route somewhere showing this, ill try to find it.

However that route is fairly long and takes a bit more energy! a route which is about 110 miles (or so) shorter is london to newhaven (you could follow the london to brighton route and veer off at the last moment to newhaven) figure 60-70 miles or so. then its a ferry to Dieppe and from there to paris. I know I definately have a pdf showing and detailing that route somewhere if anyone wants it. It might be another option if you cant do the longer trip because of lack of time or fitness or money.

John

LukeW 16 Apr 11:05  

Bike:

My Profile
Hello, I cycled London to Paris in September, check out the route here:

http://www.cycle-route.com/forum/Upcoming-Events-Route-HelpAdvice-Needed-London-to-Paris-Thread-977.html

It's not as long as the Dover option but it goes through some beautiful English countryside and the French leg is a real pleasure.

Let me know if you need any further information or advice.

Luke

yanismydj 20 Apr 12:26  

Bike:

Hey all,

I'm looking to do this in july as the first leg of an epic london -> greece trip, and was curious how many people were thinking of doing this around the same time(July)? Seems like the kind of thing that would be much safer as a group!

Drop me an email: info at yanlhert.com

Thanks and good luck!

Don 20 Apr 16:37  

Bike:

Hi.

I am also keen to cycle to Paris, however it will more than likely be in late September.

I know it is a little out of order and a big ask.... but if you could send me any details to help me plan my trip than that would be appreciated.

e.g.
the route
hotels / camping
training plan / distances
spares
useful websites
..........and any other information that you think might help.

Thanks in advance.
Don

pietrofp 18 May 13:30  

Bike:

I am doing the same thing, i'm going in 2 weeks, any advise such as uphills on the way? bad roads? what equipment should i have on me? thanx, Pietro

john1975 01 Jul 18:28  

Bike:

Hi

I am a member of the blythebridge Rotary club in Stoke on Trent and i am organizing a cycling trip from london to paris as a fund raiser for the Princes Trust in 2011. I am hoping the cost will be £400 per person which will include a support team from our club carrying all luggage and erecting and dismantling tents, preparation of a packed lunch and a hot meal on arrival at camp sites each night. We are going to have a big party in Paris and a hotel stay for 1 night, we will then return by euro star to London whilst the support team take back all the bikes and tents.

We have 6 people at the moment which are mixed ages and gender who want to do it. If any one is interested in coming with us email me at john1975@hotmail.co.uk and i can give you further information

We are planing to go London Newhaven Dieppe Paris over 4 days if any one has any advice or pointers as none of us have ever done anything like this before we would be very grateful

RMSAquitania 11 Jul 20:07  

Bike:

Hi,

I've just had what I initially thought was a mad brainstorm to cycle from London to Paris. I've only cycled 50 miles at the furthest in a day around London and have not done anything like this before, so have methodically planned my route, with a departure in mid-July. The plan is to go London-Newhaven-Dieppe-Rouen-Paris with a return via Eurostar. Provisions will include two changes of clothes, emergency equipment, helmet, inner tube replacement, small pump, tire levers, power bars, allen keys and other bits.

I've read that cycling in France is more favourable than the UK, which I've very much seen in Britain. Are there any specific routee form London to Newhaven, then from Dieppe to Paris? Any good stopover points? If anyone has any advice, I've be very grateful.

Take care and I look forward to hearing from you.

PolarJust 15 Jul 05:28  

Bike:

Hi!

I've decided to ride L2P in August 'Just for the ride'. I was about to start looking for routes when I found this forum so if anyone would be so kind as to save me some time I'd REALLY appreciate it!

Drop me an email

Thanks

Just

justin@lastgreatchallenge.com

The Bat 09 Sep 03:32  

Bike:

Hello Me and 9 others are hopeing to ride from Paris to Douglas McMillian Hospice Stoke on Trent May 2011, We are looking at doing Paris Dieppe in one day can anyone give me advice on a Route Thanks Steve

dudley 09 Sep 04:06  

Bike:

My Profile
half planning to do Edinburgh to Paris at some point next year - using the Newhaven-Dieppe crossing.

My Latest Route: Nov 2009 Forth Estuary Circular

dudley 09 Sep 04:08  

Bike:

My Profile
not sure on the route, but understand it is around 105 miles, and fairly direct - and fairly safe

My Latest Route: Nov 2009 Forth Estuary Circular

barneybare 11 Jan 14:51  

Bike:

Hi All.....

Last year at the tender age of 40 ish decided to enter London Marathon..got in....and did it.....first challengs done......

London to Paris that is on my list of to do this year......so anyone wont me to come along around June time......and have a great time doing it....not in a rush to do it happy to take a week or wotever....comes along........

martbarker@hotmail.co.uk

AvantiQuantum 16 Jan 16:15  

Bike:

Hi, I'm looking to ride to Dover this Saturday. I have done the ride before on my way to Amsterdam but ended up on horrible motorways (pretty sure I wasn't supposed to be). This time I'm off the touring bike and on my racer. Can anyone share a quiet countryside route to Dover suitable for a road bike? joshua_mclean@yahoo.com
Cheers,

12>

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.