We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Bike Lights - Page 2

1 2
jimwoo25 02 Sep 01:18  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi guys,

New member and first time poster!

With the winter months set to creep in soon and my work being kind to us and changing shifts, i now cycle in at around 5:00am some mornings.

I have been looking for some bike lights, nothing too fancy, but something that is durable, preferably LEDs, will make me seen easily and easy to attach/remove from my handle bars quickly.

Can anyone reccomend any good lights? I know it probably seems like a daft question due to the number of different lights you can get but i have purchased three sets in the last two weeks. Two of them have broken and the other set is not easy to take the top off to replace the batteries as they are very small and seem liable to breakage.

If anyone has any reccomendations, it will be greatly appreciated. Also, if anyone knows of any good cycle routes in the west midlands, that would be great.

Thanks guys
Jim

STID 23 Oct 19:00  

Bike:

My Profile
DaveMc, thanks for the link. I went in looking for more details and found it was absolute rubbish. One ariel shot, no profile or front view picture.

I then clicked on the spec and below is what they have to say about it. No info on how many lights it has, number of modes and the batteries it uses. Nowadays anybody can have a site, not everybody has a well designed, informative and well thought out one.
----------------------------------------------------------

RSP Mico front flexilite
Co-moulded flexible front micro light

Material: N/A
Colour: White
Weight: N/A

My Latest Route: Aug 2009 Abingdon to Long Crendon and Long Hanborough Loop.

jimwoo25 23 Oct 20:21  

Bike:

My Profile
cheers for the post dave,

Now the winter nights are drawing in, im looking to glow like a christmas tree so the more the better!

Thanks again
Jim

globalfish 27 Nov 20:20  

Bike:

My Profile
Try the LED torches on Deal Extreme's website - about $40 and as almost as bright as my £300 Hope HID.

Full listings on this thread on the OTTmountainbike website

http://ottmountainbike.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=pictures&thread=53

good in the woods for 20mph+

You'll have cars give way to you too - I always love it when they do that :-)

mattk 02 Dec 12:07  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi GlobalFish,

They look pretty good for that sort of money. OK you may have to do a little DIY to get them to fit to handlebars/helmet, but they're way cheaper than Hope HID's.

My Latest Route: Feb 2010 National Cycle Network 15 NCN

krazykayaker 02 Dec 16:07  

Bike:

My Profile
My P7 Torch from deal extreme is on its way!!

My Latest Route: Jan 2010 Corley Circular via Fillongley and Ash Green

AlexUK 17 May 18:21  

Bike:

Just a quick thank you to the guy who mentioned the fenix bike mounts, as I already have an ld20 this will save me a lot of money and get me a good winter proof light!

z1ppy 20 Oct 16:23  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi jim
i have just bought the fibre flare from wiggle , what a great rear light it is , go have a look on utube at them
cheers steve

My Latest Route: Jan 2011 Trowbridge to Westbury and Bratton Circuit

sean8997 20 Oct 16:55  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi Jim,

Did I hear you say you cycle into work at 0500 in the morning?

I didnt know such a time exists, I'm well and trully shocked!!!!!!

My Latest Route: Nov 2011 Bala Lake Vernwy Loop

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.