We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

cars sounding horns as they pass cyclists - Page 2

1 2
paul448 25 Jan 14:21  

Bike:

My Profile
Has anyone else experienced this much? It seems to be getting worse, oldtimers do it to warn that they are there and might kill us as they pass and young uns do it because they think it is funny to frighten the living daylights out of someone having a pleasant ride!
I think it is an offence to use the horn in this way.
I would like to know if others have had this happen to them much and how they deal with it.

My Latest Route: Apr 2009 Sedgley to Newport Loop
Demon 12 May 05:30  

Bike:

My Profile
Motorists passing too close can be scarry, but sometimes motorists giving too much room can be more scarry.

Me and my pal were riding along a road with a double white line down the middle and we were going around a fairly tight left hand bend when a motorist decided to be kind and cross the double white line when passing us. We were almost wiped out by the oncoming car that swerved into our lane to miss him!!

Definately brown trousers!!

My Latest Route: May 2010 Circular round Isle Of Anglesey

bazuti 12 May 14:17  

Bike:

My Profile
Perversely not having written anything for ages I have just encountered my worst case of "road rage", riding down a fairly busy road on Saturday morning, I needed to turn right; parked cars all down the left hand side of the road, I kept looking behind and indicating to turn right hoping someone would let me across; eventually a gap and I moved across to the middle of the road. Two seconds later some loon almost knocked me off shouting and screaming and swearing, threatening to kill me etc.When this had finished, he had another relapse and started challenging me to a fight, all of this in front of his small children. I thought I had escaped this low life when someone who had been watching called him a name, this encouraged him to start all over again unfortunately on me. I almost finished up apologising to this scumbag as a means of survival.Where are we going in this country? No one tried to help and I fully understand their fear.Anyway no real harm done, only the thought for a couple of days that I should start carrying a hammer,CS gas or whatever is "de rigeur" for these career criminals, commonsense and the thought that the next hothead would delight in using it on me.I will try an stick to towpaths in future - Ho Hum!

My Latest Route: Aug 2010 Birmingham to Stafford Canal Loop

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.