We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Sticky thread Who's Got What Bike? - Page 3

<< < 2 3 4 > >>
mattk 08 Apr 04:25  

Bike:

My Profile
I thought it may be a good idea to see which bike set-ups members have...

I have an '08 Specialized Rockhopper Disc - I added CB Eggbeaters (SL's) and a few scratches due to taking a crash course in how to fly a bike! :-)

Other than that it's standard at the moment...

I'm really impessed with the bike tho - very light compared to bikes I'm used to, I've never had hydraulic disc brakes before either - take a bit of getting used to... over the bars a few times at first.

My Latest Route: Feb 2010 National Cycle Network 15 NCN
raywebb 20 Jun 05:53  

Bike:

My Profile
Picked up my Remedy 9..fantastic bike, but I'll not risk SPD's just yet..off to Bedgebury on Thursday to have a jolly good day out...

krazykayaker 25 Jun 13:19  

Bike:

My Profile
Giant Yukon Disc 2009

&

A Giant FCR1 coming tomorrow!!!!!

My Latest Route: Jan 2010 Corley Circular via Fillongley and Ash Green

L3EOO 26 Jun 09:39  

Bike:

I have just got a Trek 1.9 (through cycle to work) after a week I got up the courage of fitting my SPD pedals. Apart from that standard after I removed all the cycle shop stickers and warning labels :)

Also have a Genesis Day 01 (2008) which Im probably gonna sell

dave1979 29 Jun 06:08  

Bike:

hi just joined currently riding a giant xtc carbon 07 with shimano spds, carbon bars lock-ons and canecreek bar ends

also have a Gary fisher joshua xo 99' that isn't very standard, had it since new

and a fondriest mega road bike

I used a set of eggbeaters for about 5 years and they are still brilliant just need new cleats having worn them out.

shnuggs 16 Jul 16:45  

Bike:

My Profile
My wife and I have just took up cycling and have both bought new road bikes. I ride a Giant scr1, she went for a Trek 1.5

We both love our bikes and have just fitted SPD pedals today so we'll see how they go, brave move really as I had my first 'off' 2 days ago and left quite alot of skin on the tarmac but not to be put off we're both off to the Lake District this weekend to tackle some real hills!!

My Latest Route: Sep 2009 Durham Circular via Iveston and Thornley

norrymerrida 17 Jul 05:01  

Bike:

got a merrida matts 50 08 just put it through its first test, the west highland way and was very happy with performance. was going to upgrade the forks from the sr suntour xcm v2 andwas supprised how well they coped.

Fixie Anarchist 21 Jul 03:26  

Bike:

Hi y'all,
At the moment I have two bikes on the go.
1. MTB built by me fron three scrap bikes, (as the hybrid I was riding was stolen by bike thieving miscreants). She's a combo of an old Peugeot, an even older Falcon ha ha ha and wheels and componants from some low spec full susser.

2. my beloved 'Fixie' project, work in progress.. 1970's Townshend racer / touring bike, (very old cotter pin cranks and horizontal dropouts). So far I have converted her to fixed gear ( Surley single sprocket ) and stripped out all uneccessary componants, brakes sprockets deraileur etc. )

davetheconvert 21 Jul 06:33  

Bike:

My Profile
I have four bikes all in varying degrees of roadworthiness....

1) A kona cindercone aluminium frame hard tail

2) A Ridgeback voyage- my everyday commuting and touring bike.

3) A cheap road bike hobbled together by me.

4) An italian aluminium frame for another road bike awaiting a compag groupset, some compag wheels and other italian components (maybe cinneli).

I also have a constantly complaining partner who wants 'her' lovely conservatory back. Ha.... No way.... My bikes get loneley outside... and er the weather persishes the tyres... and the cables shouldn't be exposed to too many temperature extremes.. and er.... they might get stolen.. and er... I like to look at them.

My Latest Route: Jul 2009 Abbots Bromley to Blithbury Circular

shnuggs 30 Jul 08:56  

Bike:

My Profile
Giant SCR1 road bike

My Latest Route: Sep 2009 Durham Circular via Iveston and Thornley

sonyfreak 30 Jul 17:45  

Bike:

My Profile
Barracuda Plasma DS MTB

cinammongirl 31 Jul 07:11  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi There! i have a Specialized Dolce'05. She's "getting-on a bit" by technology's standards but shes lovely and reliable :D she gets the star treatment once per year :D

My Latest Route: May 2010 Woolwich Dockyard to Catford Station

epa611 03 Aug 12:00  

Bike:

My Profile
Dawes Galaxy which as been Shimergo'd
Brompton P6R

Eying up a nice Ti road bike ATM

andys055 03 Aug 16:04  

Bike:

hi all new to the site and new to cycling. ive just bought a cube ltd team and im really impressed with the spec my best mate has also just bought a trek 8000 and for the difference in price the spec aint really that different but he always has to keep up with the jones's so couldnt be outdone by me. Im looking for a few cycling novices to show me some different and not to difficult for now offroad tracks in the northeast area so if anyone could recomend any routes or clubs that would be great cheers. happy cycling

chickenlegs 04 Aug 05:54  

Bike:

My Profile
Covering all bases I have managed to acquire a MTB, a Hybrid and a Road.
(I'm not spoilt, honest!)

MTB: Specialized rockhopper '08 disc. New REBA fork with remote lockout, Shimano Freeride M545 clip in pedals, Charge spoon seat. Specialized Pro 2.3" tyres.

Hybrid: Boardman Team Hybrid, Shimano M540PD clip in pedals, Specialized Armadillo tyres.

Road: Boardman Pro Road, Shimano XT M770 Clip in pedals, Boardman carbon bottle cages, Continental Ultra Race Tyres in red, Specialized BG Alias saddle.

Not to mention the clothing!!
(Often referred to as "All the gear, No Idea!")

My Latest Route: Mar 2009 Princetown to Widecombe Loop

Hunter78 04 Aug 11:04  

Bike:

I have a Cube Acid 09.
It has Rock Shox Dart 3 80mm front forks with PopLoc, XT Shadow rear mech, Deore front mech and Stroker Ryde hydraulic disc brakes.

I'm very happy with it so far, it's mainly used for my commute to work, but will be venturing off road at some point soon around the North East.

Russ Boy 11 Aug 18:41  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi i've got a Trek 1000 road Bike.

RonnieG 15 Aug 06:49  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi
Been into cycleing about 18 months now.
Went for the MTB type first then realised most of my riding was on country roads. sea paths and dry tracks so knew i needed an urban type So.....

Boardman MTB Team. Fitted with Solo twin rail tyres.

Boardman Urban Pro.

The Urban pro is a real babe. I look at it as much as i ride it!

Also having a bit of fun with a Garmin Edge at the moment. Heart rate and Route mapping.

Do about 60 miles a week along coast and around the essex country side.

Rg

Mark Randlesome 21 Aug 19:36  

Bike:

My Profile
Just got back into cycling after a few years and decided to get a hybrid. I'm picking it up on monday, can't wait to do a 22 mile route i've previously only challenged on a mountain bike. I'm getting a mongoose 350, it's so much lighter than my old mountain bike and it looks like it should be a lot more forgiving on those inclines!!!

My Latest Route: Aug 2010 Corfe Mullen to Verwood Loop

Demon 23 Aug 08:48  

Bike:

My Profile
I have two bikes:

Scott – Sportster – P6 for riding a mixture of trails and roads

And my pride and joy;

An old Claud Butler – Dalesman road touring bike, hand-built in England out of Reynolds 531 tubing it’s a heavy weight compared to some bikes but it’s comfortable and feels good to ride, anyway what does weight matter when you load it up with saddlebags and panniers to go of on a trek!

My Latest Route: May 2010 Circular round Isle Of Anglesey

inspectorhappy 24 Aug 12:24  

Bike:

Hey guys newbie here.

I have a 09 Trek 1.2 Road bike with Look pedals. I have to say it is a wicked bike! And is my first road bike! Got a few scratches from me versus a 4x4 who side swiped me and failed to stop but other than that it flies!

polofart 05 Oct 07:32  

Bike:

I am riding a mission trike a falcon mountain bike and a peugeot racer. I know im gready but all bought second hand.

ArthurScrimshaw 28 Oct 17:43  

Bike:

My Profile
Rockhopper 09 disc, slight mods (SPDs grips mudguards) just bought a 08 Sirrus Sport for road/commute (added SPDs) and trying to get comfortable on it at the mo! Makes me realise how good hydraulic discs are.

My Latest Route: Oct 2009 Binsted to Whiteways and Bignor Hill Loop

ChrisC 01 Nov 07:06  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi
Just joined the site.
My bike was an impulse buy after a holiday in Holland and I love it. It's a Batavus Crescendo, you don't see many about in Yorkshire! Now, having ridden most days for the last few months planning to buy a road bike to get some serious mileage and maybe an MTB for the trails. Much as I love my Bat it's a fatty at 22kg, damn good for fitness on the hills where I live but more suited to pootling about in luxurious comfort. I think it might just be the start of a collection...
Chris

My Latest Route: Nov 2009 Huddersfield Canal and Greenway to Mirfield

Hannah 03 Nov 15:53  

Bike:

I have recently bought a Raleigh Chiltern 1991. I absolutely love it (especially because it has a lush basket on the front), its wonderful to ride. I have never understood gears therefore it is the perfect bike for me seeing as it only has 3 Sturmey Archer gears.

darking 05 Nov 09:17  

Bike:

My Profile
The bike that I ride is a 3 speed Brompton, and I use Schwabe Marathon tyres pumped to 3 bars, but there are perils and it can be a bit challenging.

I once was happily pedaling up the towpath, swerving to avoid a puddle, when the front wheel of my inky dinky folding bike fell into a sinkhole. I went base over apex into the canal and came up hawking out the filth that breeds in there,and being a relatively high bank it became a desperate struggle to climb out.

Although no one actually saw my humiliating exit and re entry, an awful lot saw me riding home soaking wet, with weed adorning my cycle helmet (which went unnoticed by me until I got home and took it off).

While still traveling home I was annoyed to find my phone and sunglasses were obviously drowned as my top pocket was now empty, as was my back pocket where my keys had been, so I had to climb in a window and drip my way to the bathroom. I had a long shower, ranting at the tiles until eventually drying off and going to bed.

if there are any other other Brommy riders let me know how you are coping.

jw4g 06 Nov 06:38  

Bike:

'98 Rockhopper, rigid steel but lighter than you might think. Replaced most components as they wore out, currently set up with slicks for commuting.
Mavic XM317, DB spokes, Deore/XT hubs
Original Dia-Compe V-brakes - difficult to set up but stop OK.
Truvativ Isoflow crankset - steel rings
SRAM chain/cassette
Some Shimano square-taper BB
Rapidfire 24-speed shifters
Original STX-RC rear mech - worn out but still shifts OK with careful set-up.
Original front mech (acera?) - never worked that well, still doesn't.
Continental Sport Contact 26x1.3 - bead so tight broke a couple of tyre levers, holed the inner tubes and cut my hands trying to get them on and off the rims.
SPD pedals - M505 - still going strong

Dolan Multicross.
Fast, nice, except the brakes.
Surprisingly comfortable.
Alpina carbon fork and seatpost.

Tiagra group
Shimano BR550 cantis - horrible to set up, dangerously feeble in the wet.
Contental Ultra Gatorskins 700x25

Via MacNiven 20 Nov 20:29  

Bike:

I was going to buy a Connodale Rush 3 Carbon, but got cold feet after reading some stuff about Carbon Frames (ie a lot of money for something I'm pretty likely to crash!)

So instead I bought a completely unused '04 Specialized S-Works FSR frame off ebay a couple of weeks ago, to which is now fitted: Fox F100RLC forks, Juicy Ultima front and rear brakes with Avid rotors, Hope headset, full XT mechanicals, Bontrager carbon bars, Easton riser and seat stem, Hope Pro2 wheels, Schwalbe tires, Selle Italia SLR seat, Gore cables...

Also have a Cannondale Lefty shock and 1 1/8" stem, but will run the bike in before I try it out :)

This whole bike weighs about the same as the old full sus bike's wheels! ;)

Can't wait till tomorrow so I can get out on it!

mostynulcan 24 Nov 16:27  

Bike:

Hi i've got a Falcon Eplorer

C50 25 Nov 06:18  

Bike:

I have Colnago C50 road bike with Campy Record. I only be in England for 2 months and I trying to find a good place to ride.

krazykayaker 25 Nov 10:26  

Bike:

My Profile
Giant FCR1 Road Bike & a Giant Yukon Disc MTB & a Specialized Rockhopper (coming soon!)

My Latest Route: Jan 2010 Corley Circular via Fillongley and Ash Green

<<<234>>>

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.