We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Manchester / Blackpool 2011

1 2 >
markonezo 03 May 17:26  

Bike:

My Profile
My first long trek this and hopefully many more where this came from too.

Had a very close family member pass over from cancer not so long ago, so I'll be raising much needed cash for a particular charity in hand. The longest I've gone on a bike is 20 miles (ish) and I've not been on one in around 5 years so it's a bit of a big thing for me this, ....any recommendations how to prep for such a mission. By the way I want to keep an average speed of 20 mph.

Cheers, Marko.

markonezo 08 May 18:20  

Bike:

My Profile
Geeze! managed to do 33 miles on the exercise bike within 2 hours last night. Wasn't out of breath or anything just a massive puddle of sweat underneath me and my backside was killing me haha, felt very drained after it too. I won't be on the road till I get my bike back (hopefully) tomorrow... it'll still build some decent fitness up anyway.

muz379 05 Jun 16:42  

Bike:

My Profile
Heyy , I did mcr to Blackpool last year , kept an average of 16mph the whole way , hoping to do it again this year a little bit faster though .

My training last year was this
Started off in may being able to do 20-30 miles just built it up weekly till I could do a 50 mile ride then just worked on the speed on 45 mile plus rides the end of June and the first week of July . had a few days of the bike before the ride

See you in Blackpool Marko

My Latest Route: Apr 2010 Manchester to Disley

markonezo 24 Jun 12:48  

Bike:

My Profile
Good stuff.... going off my own training atm I’ll be lucky for an ave of 14mph. Might just squeeze the 4 hours though?

Been finding it hard to get the training in to be honest, when I have, just been getting puncture after puncture - so had to buy Slime liners and Marathon Pro tyres (damn heavy) bit of a stinger on the wallet too, but plenty of confidence on the road without the potential puncture factor lol. Managed to get out there today (20 miles spot on / hour and half) plenty of hills to speed the training up. Next 10 days from Sunday though I’ll try and push it up a notch or two, like you say, do two 40 mile round routes at a decent pace, and a few 20’s in-between with one of my mates who's on the ride – then chill out a couple of days before the day. Feel cream crackered just thinking about it lol.

See you in a couple of weeks mate, all the best :)

Spartacus2809 11 Jul 17:11  

Bike:

I took part in the Manchester to Blackpool ride yesterday , although i am a keen cyclist it was my first time in this event . Good points - very well organised , signage and marshalls were excellent . Bad points - you could fully understand why cyclists get such a bad name when they insist on riding so many abreast throughout the entire route , 4 and 5 abreast was not an uncommon sight . My rider number was 3390 and my time was 3 hours and 23 minutes . Next year we`ll set off earlier to avoid the masses and crack the 3 hour mark . See you there . Neil .

charitycyclist 14 Jul 04:57  

Bike:

Hi Spartacus2809 - congratulations on completing the Mcr - Blackpool route! A very small group of us are hoping to do the same this weekend to raise money for a youth development charity. I don't think we'll complete it in anywhere near the time you have but we're determined to finish! Which route did you take? As we're not doing it with a large charity we don't have the fortune of signage, marshalls etc. If you could describe the route you took and any key landmarks/ stop off points that would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance!

markonezo 21 Jul 16:58  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi Neil real good time mate! 3.43 here, first ever bike event with very little road training though. Much respect for everyone there I was well impressed with the riders, marshals, police/paramedics, and the organizers! Like you say, its better setting off early thouigh think we set off at around 07.00 quite light really - most abreast riders I seen were at the start but they knew the score of not keeping the formation to let others pass. Yeah the signs were brilliant all the way apart from one that totally threw me off about 30 odd miles in, had to look back 100 yards at the marshal, confused the hell out of me that one. Ultimately a top day for raising cash for charity! See you next year.

@charitycyclist hope you managed to find a decent route mate. It would've been hard to say though really there were that many twists and turns. Hope you all got around safely and raised plenty for charity, all the best.

seomind 12 Mar 07:28  

Bike:

My Profile
I’m happy I located this blog! From time to time, students want to cognitive the keys of productive literary essays composing. Your first-class knowledge about this good post can become a proper basis for such people. nice one Cobra Algo Review

seomind 12 Mar 07:33  

Bike:

My Profile
You re in point of fact a just right webmaster. The website loading speed is amazing. It kind of feels that you're doing any distinctive trick. Moreover, The contents are masterpiece. you have done a fantastic activity on this subject! Cobra Algo Review

seomind 12 Mar 07:37  

Bike:

My Profile
You have done a amazing job with you website Cobra Algo Review

seomind 12 Mar 07:41  

Bike:

My Profile
Very useful post. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. Really its great article. Keep it up. Seeking Alpha Review

seomind 12 Mar 07:45  

Bike:

My Profile
Thank you for the post. I will definitely comeback. Seeking Alpha Review

seomind 12 Mar 07:48  

Bike:

My Profile
This is a wonderful article, Given so much info in it, These type of articles keeps the users interest in the website, and keep on sharing more ... good luck Seeking Alpha Review

seomind 12 Mar 07:51  

Bike:

My Profile
Very nice article. I enjoyed reading your post. very nice share. I want to twit this to my followers. Thanks !. Divedend Reviews

ajdajddlek123 07 Apr 02:35  

Bike:

My Profile
I searched the internet for over an hour today and couldn't find anything interesting like yours. This article is very interesting to me. Please write a lot about https://totosoda.com in the future.

thobada 27 Apr 23:47  

Bike:

My Profile
I would really like to say 'Thank you" , and I also study about totosite , why don't you visit my place? I am sure that we can communicate well.

James78 06 Jun 03:16  

Bike:

My Profile
In addition to disassembling and reassembling furniture and appliances, professional moving services can also help with other aspects of your move, such as packing and unpacking, loading and unloading, and transportation. This can help you to save time and energy, as well as reduce the risk of damage to your belongings. Auto Shipping Rates Morgan County

mrseod 14 Jun 05:49  

Bike:

My Profile
A great website with interesting and unique material what else would you need. Alex Hormozi Reviews

mrseod 14 Jun 05:56  

Bike:

My Profile
Thank you for your post, I look for such article along time, today i find it finally. this post give me lots of advise it is very useful for me. Alex Hormozi Reviews

mrseod 14 Jun 06:00  

Bike:

My Profile
Its as if you had a great grasp on the subject matter, but you forgot to include your readers. Perhaps you should think about this from more than one angle. financial freedom

mrseod 14 Jun 06:05  

Bike:

My Profile
This website and I conceive this internet site is really informative ! Keep on putting up! financial freedom

mrseod 14 Jun 06:11  

Bike:

My Profile
They're produced by the very best degree developers who will be distinguished for your polo dress creating. You'll find polo Ron Lauren inside exclusive array which include particular classes for men, women. Glenn and Amber Schworm

mrseod 14 Jun 06:16  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a team of volunteers and new initiatives in the same niche. Blog gave us useful information to work. You have done an amazing job! Glenn and Amber Schworm

mrseod 14 Jun 06:24  

Bike:

My Profile
We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. Great work Glenn and Amber Schworm

mrseod 14 Jun 06:30  

Bike:

My Profile
It is extremely nice to see the greatest details presented in an easy and understanding manner. Glenn and Amber Schworm

mrseod 14 Jun 06:35  

Bike:

My Profile
I like viewing web sites which comprehend the price of delivering the excellent useful resource free of charge. I truly adored reading your posting. Thank you! Glenn and Amber Schworm

mrseod 14 Jun 06:41  

Bike:

My Profile
Thanks for the nice blog. It was very useful for me. I'm happy I found this blog. Thank you for sharing with us,I too always learn something new from your post. financial freedom

12>

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.