We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

aldi cycling stuff - Page 2

1 2
singlespeed 01 Oct 05:43  

Bike:

hi all just started back on the bike. seen that aldi are sell cycling kit ie jackets shoes ect.. are they any good? . seam to be cheap. is it wort me buying any.
cheers single speed norwich

guitarpete247 30 Oct 15:03  

Bike:

My Profile
Went out for a ride today. I thought it was going to be a little chilly so put on my Aldi bib longs and one of their winter tops. Only did 12 miles but I was sweating. I think I could have got away with shorts today and keep longs for really cold rides. They are very warm indeed, I wish I had another pair but the last Aldi sale didn't have any near us only no-bibbed variety.

My Latest Route: Apr 2011 Newton Burgoland Circular via Fenny Drayton and Bosworth

getoutthere 02 Nov 17:13  

Bike:

Aldi and Lidl offer excellent value and decent technical specifications.
Both the cycling and the running gear is first class, I have used both for several years.
Only issue is that word is spreading FAST and there can be very limited availability within only days.£15 for a waterproof , breathable,functional jacket or £7-8 for running/cycling leggings just cannot be beaten.

guitarpete247 17 Nov 08:28  

Bike:

My Profile
Another good cheap source of clothing is Tenn Outdoors
http://www.tenn-outdoors.co.uk/

Also available through Cycle Clothes
http://www.cycle-clothes.co.uk/

A few months back Cycle clothes were selling some gear off cheap as the unit next door had had a fire and they had some clothing that may have been smoked. Couldn't smell it myself but washed shorts anyway. Wished I had got more pairs but couldn't afford them at the time.

My Latest Route: Apr 2011 Newton Burgoland Circular via Fenny Drayton and Bosworth

racecourse42 20 Nov 14:54  

Bike:

hi I bought a hi vis jacket from there last year, it was around 20quid, and it was very good, still wearing it, washed it a few times and its as good as new..:)

pathfinder2tri 24 Nov 07:10  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi singlespeed,
just read your post re the Aldi Kit, well 3 years ago I bought winter long sleve cycle jersey, I think it was then around £10, nice blue body ,black sleves and fluffy linedwith to good large rear pockets. Value for money I still use it now and it looks and feels as good as it did when bought. In comparison to my DHB long sleeve, which cost £30 there is quite a difference, the Aldi has more length in the body, the dhb pockets are rather small. But thats just me you decide whats good for you.

Paul.

My Latest Route: Oct 2012 Faversham, Chillham, Molash Return

flyby 25 Nov 02:26  

Bike:

i was in aldi yesterday as well and wonderd about their kit if any good,guess ill be paying them another vist then!

guitarpete247 25 Nov 12:20  

Bike:

My Profile
I find the Aldi clothing better than Lidl but for the price get either. Aldi is good quality and seems to be long lasting. You can sometimes be lucky and your size is in weeks after promotion. Other times it's gone by 8:30 on first day.

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.