We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Punctures... - Page 2

1 2
Discovery501 11 Oct 16:32  

Bike:

New to cycling, bought Dawes Discovery 501 in July, and am loving it and improving all the time. My problem of late has been punctures. I have had 4 punctures in a week, is this normal? I've had none prior to this week, is it the time of year for thorns? I've tried Vittoria which were awful and am now on Halfords own brand, one of which blew this morning. My wheels are 700C 25 AlexRims ACE18, tyres are Comodo as supplied when new.
I've checked and checked tyres and rims for sharp points, nothing.
My cycling buddy has a similar bike but 700C 30, and hasnt had one puncture yet.
Anyone any suggestions as to thicker tubes or tyres or tyre lining tape or anything? On the plus side I'm now very good ay changing tubes!

pedaler2104 25 Sep 02:50  

Bike:

I had 6 punctures in 4 months for differing reasons so thanks to other contributors who advised me to buy Marathon Plus tyres. Put them on my GiantXR3roam yesterday and they feel great and look good. Some say they are a bit of a pain to put on and they are not wrong, but after a bit of sweat and cursing they were fine. Another couple of minutes was all. Fingers crossed for flat free rides.

singlespeed 26 Sep 14:00  

Bike:

try continental gator hardshells

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.