We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Route Help/Advice Needed - London to Paris - Page 2

1 2
LukeW 07 Sep 06:49  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi all,

Thanks for checking this post out, any help would be gratefully recieved!

Now I see that this is a frequent topic, but I'm trying to find out the best route to Paris from London. I leaving in a couple of weeks, solo and camping all the way.

I'm reletively fit, and have been cycling for a a few years, although 30-40 miles has been the most I've attempted in a day. However I'm sure I could squeeze lots more out my legs for this journey.

I'm wondering if it's best to go from Calais or Cherbourg. Although Cherbourg is Longer, would it be a more pleasant (flatter?) ride? I'm in no rush - I've got nine free days off work. I've booked my return Eurostar journey already, but holding off with the ferry booking until I work out the best route.

Does anyone know where I can find a good route book/online? Or anyone done a route recently and can ofer some info? I understand CTC have good routes on thier site but you have to be a member and I'm trying to keep my costs down.

I haven't attempted a multi-day cycle before and would really love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks all,

Luke

cfisher 05 May 05:48  

Bike:

Do you remember where you stayed?
What did you do for food?
What kit did you carry?
How many people would you recomend in a group?
Is the route do-able with a pure road bike?

Me and some friends (aged 16) are considering doing this route in the summer.
We are mostly fit (in the way all teenagers are these days).

Any advice?

cfisher 05 May 13:13  

Bike:

Would really appreciate the help. Thanks.

JTeighty 04 Jun 10:40  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi,

I'm planning my own route to Paris and I am looking for the unused railway line which was mentioned in the second post by ElCampesino, but i cant find it. Does anyone have a name that i can find it under?

Thanks

JT80

My Latest Route: Oct 2009 Hendon to Brighton via Redhill

JTeighty 04 Jun 10:41  

Bike:

My Profile
Cfisher look at london2paris.co.uk

My Latest Route: Oct 2009 Hendon to Brighton via Redhill

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.