We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Scottish Coast to Coast Mountain Bike Route- Ratagan to Montrose

1 2 >
richardpm38 03 Jun 11:36  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi all.. its been a while since I posted on here..sorry... since last posting I have completed the West Highland Way 3 times, The East Highland Way and The Great Glen Way all on Mountain Bike... this year I plan to do Scottish Coast to Coast for more of a challenge and hoping to Camp along the route. and travelling alone...hoping to finish in 6 days.. the main thing that worries me is Navigation and also places to get food.. I don't really plan to carry much food.. but hope to be able to buy at least a pub tea and a breakfast each day with snacks in-between I have the Scotland Trails Book .. written by Tim Woodcock of MT-B Pro Magazine.. but I gather this has been written some time ago... the last thing I need is to tackle the Corriearick Pass without a decent breakfast.. ? has anybody done this route ? and could give some pointers as to EATING Places and places for wild camping etc.. I am busy training just now gradually building up and getting my behind toughened up for the journey... any help or comments greatly appreciated..p.s I may do the WHW again as a warm up.

Richard

chrisappleby 16 Jun 13:23  

Bike:

Hi Richard
You posted on my Scotland coast to coast Blogger page a couple of weeks ago. Couldn't seem to do a reply to you there but Googled your name and found you here Also been on holiday (in Scotland) for past 2 weeks so apologies for late reply.
In terms of wild camping (be midge prepared), pubs and supplies:

Loch Shiel end of Ratagan pass - Kintail Lodge Hotel. Next reliably open shops are in Fort Augustus. Stock up in Loch Shiel.
Glenelg and Corran - not much here that is reliably open. Locals friendly in Corran though so may be able to do a deal or 2.
Few nice wild camping spots overlooking sea to Knoydart on quiet Glenelg to Corran road.
Anywhere after Corran ok to camp but views not so good.
After Loch Quoich - Tomdoun hotel is a welcome sight
Invergarry hotel
Plenty of stuff in Fort Augustus - chip shop, supplies shop, pubs. Stock up here for Corryairack too. No shops or pubs until Laggan on far side of pass.
Blackburn Bothy on way up Corryairack.
Camping on top of pass would be cool in both senses and prob windy so good for keeping midges away!
Amazingly well provisioned store in Laggan another welcome sight.
Loads of stuff in Newtonmore, Kingussie and esp. Aviemore incl. Tesco
From Kingussie take the B970 lovely back road. Excellent cake shop in nursery at Inchriach is one of my regular haunts when I'm up there.
You could actually bypass Aviemore town if you stock up at Kingussie and take the delightful tracks just after Inshriach turning off by Loch an Eilein over Cairngorm Club footbridge to Loch Morlich. More excellent cafes here before heading up Ryvoan pass. Ryvoan hut would be good place to wild camp or anywhere after that in Abernathy Forest or on towards Tomintoul.
Tomintoul next place for supplies/cafe etc.
Next shops/pubs in Braemar, wild camping anywhere en route. Nicest spots by Loch Builg or on flat plateau on Culardoch great views towards Lochnagar.
Aparantly you can cycle through Balmoral grounds. If not cross bridge at Crathie and take B road on south of river to Glen Tanar. Provisions etc in Ballater.
Nothing from here to Glen Mark/Glen Esk but loads of wild camping esp. on flanks of Mt Keen.
Supposed to be a decent cafe at "The Retreat" in Glen Esk but it was shut when I needed it! There's a campsite lower down the valley where I stopped for supplies.
Edzell is next main town.
After that all plain sailing to Montrose.

SANTI 26 Jul 13:29  

Bike:

Hi Richard, this is Santiago (Spain).
I am planning to visit Scotland on mid August if you would like I could join you on my bike.
I will be doing from 3 august to 12 the TRANS PIRINAICA route from Catalunya to Basque Country trougth crossing the Pirenees. If you would like to contact please do so: santiestevez@hotmail.com .
We will be four people on our 30s riding 45 to 65 kms a day (30-40 miles) on paths with 700-1.300 metres high+downs(sorry about my English)

Oliveralters 03 Apr 02:06  

Bike:

[url=https://urls-opener.com/]urls-opener[/url]

Oliveralters 03 Apr 02:09  

Bike:

Best urls-opener for opening multiple websites with one click.

HazelCales 20 May 08:23  

Bike:

Mountain route for bikes has been selected by the people of Scotland. Each visit of the https://5fc50a8377f78.site123.me/blog/how-to-write-a-great-story-essay is perceived for the changes. The nation is done for the approach of the marks. The team is ensured for the bikes in order to select the proper order for the turns.

Debeorary 21 May 01:09  

Bike:

Scottish coast to coast mountain bike route. Here a re some route information i don't know what you are talking because i am not a bike rider and also not visit more dissertation editing mountains. So it is difficult for me to understand or to find these route.

susanbenjamin33 15 Jun 06:44  

Bike:

The Scottish Coast to Coast is a legendary mountain riding trek across Scotland's hills and, very put, an amazing road cycling vacation. Mountain bike vacations upon on Scottish Coast to Coast give you the freedom to go at your ideal pace while enjoying Scotland's finest mountain climbing and learning about interesting culture and landscapes. Source: [url=https://www.ukwritingexperts.co.uk]cheap essay writing help[/url] from UK Writing Experts.

susanbenjamin33 15 Jun 06:45  

Bike:

The Scottish Coast to Coast is a legendary mountain riding trek across Scotland's hills and, very put, an amazing road cycling vacation. Our ego mountain bike vacations upon on Scottish Coast to Coast give you the freedom to go at your ideal pace while enjoying Scotland's finest mountain climbing and learning about our interesting culture and landscapes. Source: cheap essay writing help.

ustrendingnews 03 Jul 02:59  

Bike:

My Profile
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news(1966)&forcepurge=1#comment-3112309
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news
breaking us news

vnfduib 05 Jul 04:28  

Bike:

on they went, till the activity was pretty done, and the footwear stood equipped to be used upon the desk. this become long before dawn; and then they bustled away as short as lightning.
[url=https://www.businesssitelist.com/photography]digital camera[/url]

candymika 05 Jul 06:10  

Bike:

My Profile
The information you provide through the website is very important. Continue posting your valuable information in the same way so everyone can get help from everyone.
geometry dash

seomind 03 Dec 10:17  

Bike:

My Profile
I want to say thanks to you. I have bookmark your site for future updates. ClickBank Reviews

seomind 03 Dec 10:22  

Bike:

My Profile
Welcome to the party of my life here you will learn everything about me. ClickBank Reviews

seomind 03 Dec 10:26  

Bike:

My Profile
Great Information sharing .. I am very happy to read this article .. thanks for giving us go through info.Fantastic nice. I appreciate this post. ClickBank Reviews

seomind 03 Dec 10:29  

Bike:

My Profile
This is a smart blog. I mean it. You have so much knowledge about this issue, and so much passion. You also know how to make people rally behind it, obviously from the responses. ClickBank Reviews

seomind 03 Dec 10:33  

Bike:

My Profile
Great tips and very easy to understand. This will definitely be very useful for me when I get a chance to start my blog. ClickBank Reviews

seomind 03 Dec 10:37  

Bike:

My Profile
I really appreciate the kind of topics you post here. Thanks for sharing us a great information that is actually helpful. Good day! ClickBank Reviews

seomind 03 Dec 10:41  

Bike:

My Profile
I think this is a standout amongst the most critical data for me. What"s more, i"m happy perusing your article. Be that as it may, ought to comment on some broad things ClickBank Reviews

seomind 03 Dec 10:44  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi, I log on to your new stuff like every week. Your humoristic style is witty, keep it up ClickBank Reviews

seomind 03 Dec 10:48  

Bike:

My Profile
wow, great, I was wondering how to cure acne naturally. and found your site by google, learned a lot, now i’m a bit clear. I’ve bookmark your site and also add rss. keep us updated. ClickBank Reviews

seomind 03 Dec 10:51  

Bike:

My Profile
I will be interested in more similar topics. i see you got really very useful topics , i will be always checking your blog thanks ClickBank Reviews

kennedystewart 06 Feb 22:38  

Bike:

The topic is of great interest. Thank you for sharing and hope you will share more in the future. Drift Boss is an entertaining game for you after long days of studying and working hard

sharase11 08 Sep 21:53  

Bike:

I learn more life-enhancing facts from your essay. I can use it in my quordle everyday life. You'll find quordle to be a fascinating alternative for your free time.

ahsanrashid 12 Mar 05:24  

Bike:

My Profile
i am seeing new dress for girls

Jazminpk 13 Mar 03:19  

Bike:

My Profile
Are you Looking for the Perfect summer dresses for girls? Explore the best variety of summer dresses online at jazminpk. We present the best quality fabric for girls all over Pakistan. So, grab your favorite dress online today.

mohagni 13 Mar 03:27  

Bike:

My Profile
Get a dress made of silk dress designs from Mohagni. For your comfort, we supply both stitched and unstitched silk dress styles. You may now choose from a range of silk dress designs. Enjoy the appeal of silk dress patterns that are printed and embroidered by wearing suits made of silk.1

adoroshoes 13 Mar 05:11  

Bike:

My Profile
Adoro elevates your style with chic clutches– from minimalist elegance to bold statements, our collection adds a unique touch to every ensemble. Discover your perfect Adoro clutch now!

Gulaal 13 Mar 05:40  

Bike:

My Profile
Discover the most beautiful pakistani wedding dresses for your special day. Our collection offers fine craftsmanship, ranging from traditional to modern styles. Find the perfect bridal outfit by shopping now.

servisfootwear 13 Mar 06:26  

Bike:

My Profile
Servis offers its customers wide range of men athleisure shoes online in Pakistan. Get your favorite athleisure shoes online in all over Pakistan at low prices.

12>

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.