We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Glasgow to Carlisle - help!

1 2 >
Jo Unthank 29 Feb 10:47  

Bike:

Any advice on routes from Glasgow to Carlisle? I am organising a relay from Glasgow to Eastbourne in Sussex. First leg, Glasgow to Carlisle. Help much appreciated!!

annieslandmissile 29 Feb 11:18  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi there I ve been thinking/planning of doing a similar road bike trip but maybe just from Glasgow to Lockerbie.

I ve been down from Glasgow to Larkhall before by going via Cambuslang and Hamilton and then down to Larkhall.

You could continue onto Lesmahagow, Douglas, Moffat and Lockerbie & this all looks like its all on B-roads too (the b-7078 & b-7076). I m thinking of doing this then cutting over to Langholm, Haltwhistle and Newcastle eventually and hopefully all on quieter roads with a lot less traffic.

I m hoping to go camping too.

Maybe try sustrans and google map it.

but good lucky anyway

harrysdad 01 Mar 09:29  

Bike:

hi guys

"You could continue onto Lesmahagow, Douglas, Moffat and Lockerbie & this all looks like its all on B-roads too (the b-7078 & b-7076)". this is the route im looking at taking iv been told its a nice route tho can be noisy from the m74, then down into carlisle - penrith - preston- shrewsbury / birmingham - oxford then home to gatwick

Jo Unthank 01 Mar 10:27  

Bike:

Thanks for this, it's very helpful. This sounds very similar to the route we need to take harrysdad. If you have any details regarding the route further South it would be much appreciated!

When are you both taking the Gla - Carlisle route? Let me know how it goes.

Thanks, Jo

harrysdad 01 Mar 10:48  

Bike:

im going to use the cycle route 7 from carlisle to penrith-- route 6 from penrith to preston, im looking at the route from preston to shrewsbury at the mo looks like a nice route via bowland forest,,, need some local advice from there to oxford def not the [A5]...

im starting my journey on the 13th of sept hoping for 5 days but have given 6 just in case ...

when are you looking at going up ?

fionnghal 12 May 06:16  

Bike:

I am hoping to do Carlisle to Shrewsbury at some point over the summer so would be very interested in details of your Preston to Shrewsbury section, Harrysdad. Are you doing that solo or is there a group going?

Jo, when is your ride?

seomind 03 Nov 07:39  

Bike:

My Profile
Nice information, valuable and excellent design, as share good stuff with good ideas and concepts, lots of great information and inspiration, both of which I need, thanks to offer such a helpful information here. online business

seomind 03 Nov 07:43  

Bike:

My Profile
Really impressed! Everything is very open and very clear clarification of issues. It contains truly facts. Your website is very valuable. Thanks for sharing. online business

seomind 03 Nov 07:52  

Bike:

My Profile
What a really awesome post this is. Truly, one of the best posts I've ever witnessed to see in my whole life. Wow, just keep it up. online business

seomind 03 Nov 08:12  

Bike:

My Profile
This is an awesome motivating article.I am practically satisfied with your great work.You put truly extremely supportive data. Keep it up. Continue blogging. Hoping to perusing your next post online business

seomind 03 Nov 08:16  

Bike:

My Profile
It is extremely nice to see the greatest details presented in an easy and understanding manner. online business

seomind 03 Nov 08:20  

Bike:

My Profile
I’ve read some good stuff here. Definitely worth bookmarking for revisiting. I surprise how much effort you put to create such a great informative website. online business

seomind 03 Nov 08:24  

Bike:

My Profile
I read a article under the same title some time ago, but this articles quality is much, much better. How you do this.. online business

seomind 03 Nov 08:27  

Bike:

My Profile
A debt of gratitude is in order for the blog entry amigo! Keep them coming... online business

mrseod 03 Jul 02:20  

Bike:

My Profile
I think it could be more general if you get a football sports activity Kiana Danial Review

mrseod 03 Jul 02:34  

Bike:

My Profile
I was surfing net and fortunately came across this site and found very interesting stuff here. Its really fun to read. I enjoyed a lot. Thanks for sharing this wonderful information. Kiana Danial Review

mrseod 03 Jul 02:52  

Bike:

My Profile
This was among the best posts and episode from your team it let me learn many new things. Kiana Danial Review

mrseod 03 Jul 02:57  

Bike:

My Profile
This is a good post. This post gives truly quality information. I’m definitely going to look into it. Really very useful tips are provided here. Thank you so much. Keep up the good works Kiana Danial Review

mrseod 03 Jul 03:08  

Bike:

My Profile
Easily, the article is actually the best topic on this registry related issue. I fit in with your conclusions and will eagerly look forward to your next updates. Just saying thanks will not just be sufficient, for the fantasti c lucidity in your writing. I will instantly grab your rss feed to stay informed of any updates. Kiana Danial Review

mrseod 03 Jul 03:12  

Bike:

My Profile
This is very useful post for me. This will absolutely going to help me in my project. Kiana Danial Review

mrseod 03 Jul 03:19  

Bike:

My Profile
I can set up my new idea from this post. It gives in depth information. Thanks for this valuable information for all,.. financial freedom

mrseod 03 Jul 03:24  

Bike:

My Profile
Very informative post ! There is a lot of information here that can help any business get started with a successful social networking campaign ! financial freedom

mrseod 03 Jul 03:29  

Bike:

My Profile
I like viewing web sites which comprehend the price of delivering the excellent useful resource free of charge. I truly adored reading your posting. Thank you! financial freedom

mrseod 03 Jul 03:37  

Bike:

My Profile
Easily, the article is actually the best topic on this registry related issue. I fit in with your conclusions and will eagerly look forward to your next updates. Paul Bocco Review

12>

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.