We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

cycle-route Website Maps Not Showing

cataclyptic 27 Jun 04:00  

Bike:

Good Morning All

I've just joined cycle-route but I find that no maps are showing on my laptop for any page.

Is there anyone out there with any idea what may be causing this?

Thanks

ScottJ 27 Jun 04:04  

Bike:

My Profile
Strange, so if you go here:

http://www.cycle-route.com/routes/City_of_Dundee-Routes-131.html

The map doesn’t load for you? Which browser are you using and what do you get where the map should be a coloured screen or error message?

My Latest Route: Oct 2015 Ythanbank Loop

cataclyptic 27 Jun 04:18  

Bike:

Hi and Thanks for your reply...

I am using Firefox and all I get is the frame ie a black line around a white space.

I hope that helps.

cataclyptic 27 Jun 04:22  

Bike:

Underneath the frame it says

Click on a pointer above to find more details about a City of Dundee cycle route
Read more at http://www.cycle-route.com/routes/City_of_Dundee-Routes-131.html#dgcDj67QkBsbDJRi.99

But there are no pointers or anything else but the thin black square.

ScottJ 27 Jun 04:25  

Bike:

My Profile
Strange it loads fine here in firefox, could it be a very old version of FF or do you have another browser installed you could test to see.

cataclyptic 27 Jun 04:31  

Bike:

It says version 32.0.1 and doesn't normally give me any trouble.

I have no other browser on at the moment but I'll try another PC at my daughters later.

I'll have to run my Grandson with his trumpet to Grappenhall soon.

cataclyptic 27 Jun 08:55  

Bike:

I've tried to email cycle-route but my emails are returned saying that their inbox is full. Not a good sign. All the adverts from bidswitch etc work well so I guess they are making plenty of money but haven't spent enough time developing the non-advert stuff.

I've checked that scripts are running ok and that their cookies are being processed.
Still no maps...

ScottJ 27 Jun 09:21  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi, I am part owner of the site, we did spend quite a bit of time and money getting all the map related pages upgraded in their coding earlier this year so its a mystery but I'll get someone to look into it.

ScottJ 27 Jun 10:18  

Bike:

My Profile
I have tested it in Firefox version 32 in win 7,8 and XP and cannot replicate the error.

cataclyptic 27 Jun 13:44  

Bike:

Would you be kind enough to let me know what apps are used to display the maps ie something like flash or whatever - and which is the lowest workable version.

Are there any 3rd party cookies or scripts used etc. I haven't had any problems such as this before.

Please also note that I am using xp pro. I'm 75 and not interested in upgrading any more. XP does everything I need at the moment (perhaps apart from this).

Thanks

cataclyptic 27 Jun 13:54  

Bike:

I was about to send you a screen dump but cannot find any way to add attachments.

If it would help please let me have a suitable adress.

I could also maybe add firebug and then send some of its reports in case they would help you.

ScottJ 27 Jun 18:49  

Bike:

My Profile
The maps are all displayed using Google Maps API V3 so rely on javascript I believe ( I am no expert)
https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/

You can email me on scott {at} sj.co.uk

Karlaush 14 May 01:35  

Bike:

The maps are all displayed using Google Maps API V3 so rely on javascript I believe ( I am no expert)

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.