We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Wandsworth to Bournemouth

spanish pirate 04 Oct 16:37  

Bike:

My Profile
Anyone got a good safe route to Bournemouth from Wandsworth. Not a site seeing trip would like to do it in a day.Looked at cycle maps but would like other peoples experience do not refer to any map sites unless you have used them.
Thanks in advance.

My Latest Route: Oct 2011 Wandsworth Loop
BusterG 05 Oct 05:14  

Bike:

My Profile
I had a look at a route from Petersfield to the new forest in spring, never did it but looked doable in about 3hrs. funnily enough it has a few ferry options too. the route joins the "mostly" completed south coast Sustrans route (Route 2). see the http://www.sustrans.org.uk/what-we-do/national-cycle-network/route-numbering-system/route-2 .

If you can research a route Wandsworth to Petesfield (probably via Guildford - not the A3) i can help you with the remainder of the route. or you can check out the sustrans website.
Good luck
Buster

My Latest Route: Oct 2013 Liss

spanish pirate 06 Oct 01:39  

Bike:

My Profile
Looks workable. I did guildford to wandsworth last weekend. 100 metres of A3 on a cycle was quite scary and noisy. May try a ride to Petersfield from Wandsworth in the near future.

BusterG 06 Oct 06:40  

Bike:

My Profile
Good.
You can use the Guildford to Haslemere strech from this route http://www.cycle-route.com/routes/Guildford_to_Haslemere_via_Box_Hill-Cycle-Route-5456.html
It is the Guildford to Haslemere via box hill. (forget the box hill part.

My Latest Route: Oct 2013 Liss

spanish pirate 06 Oct 11:43  

Bike:

My Profile
Looks like a good route not sure it will take 6 hours though or does it.

rustyspoke 06 Oct 14:59  

Bike:

My Profile
You can get from A31 at Winchester down to Bournemouth on fairly good roads some are busy and some very quiet.
As for the New Forrest Dont USE A 35 alllthe way into Christchurchits to busy and cars travel way to fast also a lot commercial vehicles use it.(ex trucker speaking here)
I cant post you the route as I know only from memorary when riding that way.
But look at google maps.

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.