We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Using a rear child seat on a mens bike.

Pesmo 29 Aug 08:02  

Bike:

My Profile
It was only after I fitted one of these for trips out to the countryside that I realised what a pain it is to use. You can't easily or quickly get on or off the bike without bashing junior around the head with your leg ! It ain't exactly easy to throw your leg over the horizontal crossbar either as an alternative.

Before I go and buy a step through frame, is there a recognised technique for getting on or off with a mens frame when using an occupied child seat ? Witty as well as serious answers welcome !

dudley 31 Aug 03:23  

Bike:

My Profile
just get used to stepping over the bar, rather than the 'swing around' technique

it is just about getting used to it.

Getting on is OK - you are aware of the nipper, and will act accordingly
getting off, however, is where you can easily forget about your load to the rear, swing off, and clobber the little blighter round the head! (personal experience!)

My Latest Route: Nov 2009 Forth Estuary Circular

dudley 31 Aug 05:22  

Bike:

My Profile
oh, another thing....

if you are lacking a little flexibility, the mount and dismount are both easier if your laden velocipede is leaning against something.

Pesmo 31 Aug 11:51  

Bike:

My Profile
Its the flexibility that is the trouble. Getting my leg over the crossbar ain't as easy as it once was (large frame, 28 inch wheels) . I thought about leaning the bike towards me a little but the nipper is probably not going to like that.

dudley 01 Sep 02:20  

Bike:

My Profile
that's why leaning the bike against a wall or a tree helps.
you dont have to be holding the handlebars, so can lean further away from the bike for the legover

edwin 02 Sep 10:13  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi Pesmo,

don't buy a step through frame! Especially with a rear child seat you need the enhanced stability of a horizontal cross bar.
I experienced it a couple of times with rental bikes. The rental companies at the baltic sea in Germany fix the child seat always to Ladys bikes for just the reasons you write.
They are a nuisance to ride. The tail of the bike is flip-flapping from left to right with every turn of the pedals.

If you are willing to spend money, a central stand for your bike might be a good idea.

Cheers

Edwin

jack00 25 Mar 02:39  

Bike:

My Profile
It’s no surprise that choosing a TV can be a daunting task. With so many choices and features, it can be hard to know which one is best for you. Whether you’re looking for a top-of-the-line television with the latest and greatest features or a more budget-friendly option that still offers great performance, there are plenty of options out there. https://fittvhub.com/best-32-inch-tv-for-pc-monitor/

KalebRamirez2020 15 May 01:58  

Bike:

Using a rear child seat on a men's bike is a convenient way to transport young children on short trips. However, safety is a primary concern, and it is important to follow manufacturer instructions and use proper safety equipment, such as helmets and safety straps and online nursing papers can provide useful information on child safety and injury prevention, as well as guidance on proper bike usage. By following safety guidelines and staying informed, parents can ensure safe and enjoyable bike trips with their children.

daniyaal77 15 May 06:45  

Bike:

Information Post, it was very helpful! I simply began in this and I’m attractive more familiar with it better! Thanks keep posting amazing Amano Star Cardigan

adaxvier 08 Aug 09:06  

Bike:

Essay writers are skilled professionals who specialize in crafting written compositions on various topics and for different purposes. These writers possess expertise in research, organization, argumentation, and language use, allowing them to create well-structured and engaging essays. They may work as freelancers, in-house writers, or as part of essay writing services. Essay writers often collaborate with clients to understand their specific requirements, whether it's for academic assignments, business communication, content creation, or personal expression. They tailor their writing style, tone, and approach to suit the intended audience and purpose of the essay. The work of essay writers contributes to effective communication, knowledge dissemination, and the development of critical thinking skills among readers https://supremewritingservice.com/

adaxvier 08 Aug 09:07  

Bike:

Essay writers are skilled professionals who specialize in crafting written compositions on various topics and for different purposes. These writers possess expertise in research, organization, argumentation, and language use, allowing them to create well-structured and engaging essays. They may work as freelancers, in-house writers, or as part of essay writing services. Essay writers often collaborate with clients to understand their specific requirements, whether it's for academic assignments, business communication, content creation, or personal expression. They tailor their writing style, tone, and approach to suit the intended audience and purpose of the essay. The work of essay writers contributes to effective communication, knowledge dissemination, and the development of critical thinking skills among readers https://supremewritingservice.com/

whitewalter 31 Mar 15:56  

Bike:

If you're looking for top-notch college essay assistance, EssayShark.com is the perfect choice. I was facing a tight deadline and needed expert help, and EssayShark's writers delivered exceptional results. The entire process was seamless, from placing the order to receiving an outstanding essay that perfectly matched my requirements. Their team of writers truly understands the art of crafting impressive essays that leave a lasting impression. My professor was thoroughly impressed, and I received excellent feedback. For reliable and high-quality essay writing services, EssayShark.com is the ultimate destination!

tonylduffey 07 Apr 18:11  

Bike:

Good post about the Using a rear child seat on a men's bike and it is good for the users to know about these bikes. Also when I saw people are searching for the places go to this web-site and click over here to find the best services that provides is the results we are searching.

movieleatherjacket398 22 Apr 01:29  

Bike:

Hope more people will read this article keep up the good work This Article is Awesome. Please keep up your good work. We are always with you and Waiting for your new interesting articles like this Indiana Jones Outfits

fbdownnet1 22 Apr 07:19  

Bike:

Facebook Video Downloader Online, Using the FBDown you will get access to download videos in different qualities. This platform offers diverse quality options and users can choose according to their needs. For instance, you can download videos in 720p, 1080p, 2k, or 4k quality.

Leyla Doyle 02 May 01:22  

Bike:

I highly appreciate your fauxjacket blog work and research. Thank you

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.