We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Oxford classic May 6th

nickyq 08 Apr 12:55  

Bike:

Any one doing the Oxford Classic ride on May 6th. This is my first ever bike event having started cycling at the end of January. Has anyone done this event and can give me some tips on the route. How hilly is it? Training not going as well as i hoped, have managed 30miles but finding it hard going,any tips would help.

paul&deb 09 Apr 10:40  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi, how long is the full Oxford ride and are the ride details on-line so I can take a look?

30 miles is quite a decent distance if you only started riding in january so dont be too worried, if you want to build up moore miles then I suggest you add a little each week and try adding some hilly sections.

Also, what bike are you riding, road, hybrid or mountain bike?

Paul

nickyq 10 Apr 13:15  

Bike:

Thanks for your reply.

I am riding a hybrid, the full ride is 60 miles. It is a charity ride on May 6th. Think i am just panicking about it. Don't want to let the other team members down. Sure we will be ok.

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.