We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Liverpool-Chester Event

qwiksilver 17 Feb 23:35  

Bike:

My Profile
anyone taking part in this coming julys LCL event?

Shy but Daft 18 Feb 03:22  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi,
Can you give me details of this ride please, dates etc. I'm originally from Chester and could make a weekend of it (if I can swap my days off)Thanks, Ali x

My Latest Route: Jun 2012 Warrington to Preston

qwiksilver 18 Feb 10:04  

Bike:

My Profile
sure ali its a great event with 3 different length courses and pretty easy ones with very scenic views and sociable side to it heres a link to the site
http://www.liverpoolchesterliverpool.com/

Shy but Daft 18 Feb 11:36  

Bike:

My Profile
By eck, you are looking after me ! Thanks, gonna pop onto it now. Byesy bye Ali x

Shy but Daft 18 Feb 11:44  

Bike:

My Profile
Ooh ooh, I wanna do that one.lol. Reckon I could just scrape through the 50 miles, JUST! Haven't been on my bike since a charity ride back in sept, due to injury so need to get my finger out. Dont fancy doing it on my own tho, may have to use my charm on some of the customers at work and ask them. Watch this space. Here I come, hopefully. Byesy bye, Ali x

qwiksilver 18 Feb 11:45  

Bike:

My Profile
lol im off my bike currently so little more to do than watch the cycling world cup and sit on the net i work online so its all right at my finger tips if you manage to get to the lcl our paths may cross there altho i may be going backwards if its on a hill :) anyway good luck happy biking

Shy but Daft 18 Feb 11:58  

Bike:

My Profile
I'm looking at doing a ride from Vietnam to Bangkok if I can get a support rider hopefully next year. Think I need to learn a few basic words as its not like going in to the chinky and ordering a number 4 with boiled rice ! knowing my luck I'll end up eating dog on a spit or hedgehog or snake again. Yuk. No it didnt taste like chicken. x

qwiksilver 18 Feb 12:09  

Bike:

My Profile
lmao snake again???? im doing the 50 this yr last yr i did the 25 with my missus but shes not doing it this yr so im doing the 50 which should be fairly easy longest ride i have ever done was 80 miles but i havent been on the bike since oct due to injury just waiting for the all clear then i will be bk out on a daily basis to get my fitness level bk up (sat in front of my pc at home daily for work means nil exercise) the link i gave you in the other thread for the cycle group they where there last yr.vietnam to bangkok your brave im sure there will be plenty of hills(nearly mountains) to kill your lungs and legs stick to rice you cant go wrong oh and stay away from the ladyboys too lol

Shy but Daft 18 Feb 12:21  

Bike:

My Profile
lol. I know all about hills only too well. When we did the Scarborough to Cleveleys coast to coast in may, I slugged it out in the mini heatwave up a chuffing hill for what seemed like hours. When I finally got to the top we could see the listening post(like giant golf balls)but I was so fed up it broke my spirit and I wanted to beat my mate up with my pump. I didn't know I could swear so much .lol
The way down was great, 6 miles free wheeling and then the best ice cream in the park ever. Its hilly round here so I'm getting used to them now. May do the trough of Bowland next week, depends on the weather as its pants here today.

qwiksilver 18 Feb 12:33  

Bike:

My Profile
you know the worst we have had here in the pool is a slight ground frost,i used to like hills the challenge of getting to the top but after near 7 months of no biking i fear i may die if i attempt parbold, i used to do ok up there in the past but i know my fitness level has dropped probably in relation to my wieght rising lol i sent u a private msg b4 hope u got it u may find it useful for finding cycling buddies close to you

Shy but Daft 18 Feb 12:38  

Bike:

My Profile
Forgive me for being thick (I was born this way, no other excuse) but how do i put on a route on here? I've read about GPX but its gone whoosh, straight over my head. I have some great routes on my Garmin I would like to load up. Can you explain it to me please, Parrot fashion. Thanks . Ali x

qwiksilver 18 Feb 12:42  

Bike:

My Profile
can you d/l the route via garmin as gpx to your pc?
if so go up load it here http://www.cycle-route.com/Add-GPX-Cycle-Route.html
if not go to here http://www.cycle-route.com/Cycle-Route-Planner.html
double click on the map to add points and info on the right
hope that helps
Qwik

Shy but Daft 18 Feb 13:13  

Bike:

My Profile
Forgive me, I'm lost at can I d/l the route ! Plugged Garmin in and ha vent a clue what to do so its now back in the case.I'll sort it out soon. Thanks for trying to help. i really am useless when it comes to pc's bye for now, Ali x

qwiksilver 18 Feb 13:25  

Bike:

My Profile
when its connected to your pc do you see it in thee my computer section as an external disk drive?

or go here http://www.cyclechat.net/
thats another cycle forum and a heck of alot of the ppl on there use garmin and will be able to help all my routes are in other ppls heads ;)

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.