We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Knee pain!

sallyann 09 Sep 03:53  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi any advice Im now cycling on a regular basis but had a break over the summer, after my last couple of rides i'm getting pain in my left knee at the bottom on the inner edge. I would normally just rest it but i'm doing a charity ride on Sunday!

swalld 09 Sep 06:47  

Bike:

My Profile
if you think you are in the right gear drop it down by one or two and take stress off. Should hep protect the knee a bit

mr.mole 09 Sep 11:10  

Bike:

My Profile
try some joint care pills from asda or tesco, they will help keep u supple. plus as already stated if ur in too tough a gear drop it down as straining will only make it worse. if it continues try changing ur riding possition, ie, moving the seat heigher or lower

bloomp 09 Sep 12:25  

Bike:

My Profile
I did the Manchester 100k ride Sunday 5th Sept and my knees were popping and grating like crazy Monday morning & really sore - Doc said it was tendons loosening up & I should keep at it cos it looked like it was doing me good :) Gave me Voltarol for the inflammation (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory) & said I should be fine. My point is ... could your pain be natural body reaction to working hard - tendon ache?

My Latest Route: Sep 2010 Middlesborough to Thorpe Thewles Circuit

krazykayaker 09 Sep 16:56  

Bike:

My Profile
Check your seat height for sure

Dont take pills to get you through it you will make it worse

If its that bad dont do the charity ride

Theres always another ride

My Latest Route: Jan 2010 Corley Circular via Fillongley and Ash Green

FIR3DRAGON 10 Sep 02:10  

Bike:

I definately think it's the seat height! I lent my bike to a friend, when I rode it home from his house, I didn't realise he had lowered the seat. Not only did it make it a lot harder to pedal, but I got really sore knees after a mile or so. I couldn't imagine doing a longer ride!

Taking 'Glucosamine Sulphate' every day can also help, but you have to take one or two every day and you only feel the benefits after a couple of months.

swalld 11 Sep 04:34  

Bike:

My Profile
definitely recommend Glucosamine Sulphate - non prescription tablets. Helped me when I used to run. Pretty non-offensive drug. Also ibuprofen help but don't take long term

sallyann 11 Sep 14:04  

Bike:

My Profile
Thanks for all your tips! I took my bike into my local shop today and they said my seat was too low! And so it's been adjusted for charity ride. I'll also get some glucosomine tabs.

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.