We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Cycle from London (England) to Malaga (Spain)

1 2 3 > >>
AWhitaker 30 May 08:18  

Bike:

Hi everyone,

Next month I am planning to cycle from London to Malaga.

With the intention of keeping mileage down I was planning on cycling the most direct route. London to Portsmouth, ferry from Portsmouth to St Malo (France), along the west coast of France from St Malo to Biarritz, Biarritz to Madrid (Spain), Madrid to Malaga.

I have found quite a bit of information for cycling along the west coast of France but not too much about cycle routes from the north to the south of Spain.

As I mentioned I am thinking of cycling via Madrid, however I am not determined to do this route if there are arguments against it/ better routes from north to south.

Has anybody completed a ride like this/ or parts of it? I am particularly interested in routes from the north of Spain (San Sebastian/ Pamplona etc) to Malaga.

Any advice, information, websites, contacts you can offer me I would be really grateful to hear about.

Thanks

BusterG 30 May 10:30  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi
the only well documehnted route I know about is this one from a bloke who did it in 2008 http://www.pedrodiaz.com/cycling/spain2008.php
it is from Santander and down the middle of spain rather than from the french border and Madrid.

I seriously want to take this route on one day as I have a cottage in the south of spain.

Good luck with your quest and I hope this helps.
Buster

My Latest Route: Oct 2013 Liss

BusterG 30 May 10:46  

Bike:

My Profile
Just looked up the Via de la Plata too again it is the other side of spain but seems to be cycle friendly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V%C3%ADa_de_la_Plata
http://www.theviadelaplata.com/
this route also appeals to me as I love Salamanca

AWhitaker 30 May 11:17  

Bike:

Thanks BusterG,

Yes, that is helpful.

I may consider going slightly further West in order to join pedrodiaz's route.

If anyone has any other experiences/ routes from the north of Spain, to the south, please share!

Thanks.

BusterG 12 Jun 03:59  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi
I read the other thread on cycling in France and Spain - Trudge had a short post there and mentions the route from Santander, Palencia, Salamanca, Cacares and Seville.
I drove most of that route last year and i would agree with his advise. Pedro Dias' route is slightly different but better recorded.
Trudge seems to have really knocked out the miles as he took 5 days to complete the route to Seville whereas Pedro took 15 to get to Malaga with 2 rest days.

TTFN
I go that thread a bump too as it will be onto top.

prakash99 19 Jun 09:14  

Bike:

Hi,

I am thinking to do same short of ride and looking for someone to ride along with. If you don't mind me to join in your ride love to hear in details from you about this ride.

Thanks

seomind 24 Dec 03:27  

Bike:

My Profile
This website and I conceive this internet site is really informative ! Keep on putting up! Scam Risk

seomind 24 Dec 03:34  

Bike:

My Profile
This post is good enough to make somebody understand this amazing thing, and I’m sure everyone will appreciate this interesting things. Scam Risk

seomind 24 Dec 03:37  

Bike:

My Profile
Great info! I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don’t know what to say except that I have. Scam Risk

seomind 24 Dec 03:40  

Bike:

My Profile
I really thank you for the valuable info on this great subject and look forward to more great posts Scam Risk

seomind 24 Dec 03:43  

Bike:

My Profile
Hey, great blog, but I don’t understand how to add your site in my rss reader. Can you Help me please? Scam Risk

seomind 24 Dec 03:48  

Bike:

My Profile
Your music is amazing. You have some very talented artists. I wish you the best of success. Scam Risk

seomind 24 Dec 03:51  

Bike:

My Profile
Took me time to understand all of the comments, but I seriously enjoyed the write-up. It proved being really helpful to me and Im positive to all of the commenters right here! Its constantly nice when you can not only be informed, but also entertained! I am certain you had enjoyable writing this write-up. Quick Flip Masterclass Reviews

seomind 24 Dec 03:54  

Bike:

My Profile
I'm happy to see the considerable subtle element here!. Quick Flip Masterclass Reviews

seomind 24 Dec 03:57  

Bike:

My Profile
Great post i must say and thanks for the information. Education is definitely a sticky subject. However, is still among the leading topics of our time. I appreciate your post and look forward to more. Quick Flip Masterclass Reviews

seomind 24 Dec 04:00  

Bike:

My Profile
I was just browsing through the internet looking for some information and came across your blog. I am impressed by the information that you have on this blog. It shows how well you understand this subject. Bookmarked this page, will come back for more. Fundrise Review

mrseod 25 Jul 12:05  

Bike:

My Profile
I want to say thanks to you. I have bookmark your site for future updates. BAM University

mrseod 25 Jul 12:12  

Bike:

My Profile
i am for the first time here. I found this board and I in finding It truly helpful & it helped me out a lot. I hope to present something back and help others such as you helped me. BAM University

mrseod 25 Jul 12:15  

Bike:

My Profile
This is a great post. I like this topic.This site has lots of advantage.I found many interesting things from this site. It helps me in many ways.Thanks for posting this again. BAM University

mrseod 26 Jul 02:10  

Bike:

My Profile
You have done a great job. I will definitely dig it and personally recommend to my friends. I am confident they will be benefited from this site. BAM University

mrseod 26 Jul 02:19  

Bike:

My Profile
New site is solid. A debt of gratitude is in order for the colossal exertion. BAM University

mrseod 26 Jul 02:27  

Bike:

My Profile
A good blog always comes-up with new and exciting information and while reading I have feel that this blog is really have all those quality that qualify a blog to be a one BAM University

mrseod 26 Jul 02:39  

Bike:

My Profile
Very good points you wrote here..Great stuff...I think you've made some truly interesting points.Keep up the good work. BAM University

mrseod 26 Jul 02:59  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a team of volunteers and new initiatives in the same niche. Blog gave us useful information to work. You have done an amazing job! BAM University

mrseod 26 Jul 03:01  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a team of volunteers and new initiatives in the same niche. Blog gave us useful information to work. You have done an amazing job! BAM University

mrseod 26 Jul 03:05  

Bike:

My Profile
The web site is lovingly serviced and saved as much as date. So it should be, thanks for sharing this with us. BAM University

mrseod 26 Jul 03:08  

Bike:

My Profile
Nice information, valuable and excellent design, as share good stuff with good ideas and concepts, lots of great information and inspiration, both of which I need, thanks to offer such a helpful information here. BAM University

seth65475 13 Dec 03:33  

Bike:

My Profile
Obviously I like your web site, but you have to take a look at the spelling on quite a few of your posts. Several of them are rife with spelling problems and I find it very bothersome to inform you. Nevertheless I will surely come again again! Facboook

================

Obviously I like your web site, but you have to take a look at the spelling on quite a few of your posts. Several of them are rife with spelling problems and I find it very bothersome to inform you. Nevertheless I will surely come again again! [url=https://www.facebook.com/]Facboook[/url]

james1274411 17 Dec 04:53  

Bike:

My Profile
Aw, it was a really nice post. In notion I have to put in place writing like this additionally – spending time and actual effort to have a top notch article… but what can I say… I procrastinate alot and also by no indicates apparently go carried out. Does Lemon Water Help You Lose Weight

james1274411 18 Dec 00:46  

Bike:

My Profile
Enjoyed looking through this, very good stuff, regards . online cpa services for small business near me

123>>>

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.