We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Clicking noise!

1 2 >
annieslandmissile 04 Nov 10:26  

Bike:

My Profile
As i was pedaling today on my cycle run on my Boardman bike it seems to start clicking sometimes. The clicking noise seems to come from where the bottom brackets? or near where the pedals, chain is.

Does anyone know what would be wrong?

And how to fix this clicking noise?

i have only had the bike for 4 months, just a wee bit concerned.

Overall i think it is a good bike though

annieslandmissile 04 Nov 13:10  

Bike:

My Profile
Taking it for a service, just the bottom bracket needs adjusted apparently.

But still lovin the Boardman!

txbnet 04 Nov 17:44  

Bike:

My Profile
I've got the same problem on my one year old Ridgeback..... had it to Halfords on their £18 a year service deal then to a local bike shop, reported the problem to both and neither have been able to cure it. Halfords lubed everything up and the LBS replaced the front bottom bracket (the thing that the cranks join onto) ...but nothing can get rid of the clicking noise which is mainly when there is some resistance, e.g. a small incline or you're riding in too high a gear.

Would be pleased to hear from anyone else and learn if anything's about to snap!!

My Latest Route: Jan 2011 Whitley Bay to Bellingham

annieslandmissile 04 Nov 18:43  

Bike:

My Profile
Thanks that interesting.

I took my bike in today to get it serviced (Halfords) and that particularly clicking noise looked at.

Yeah i can relate to it clicking slightly more if i m riding in too high a gear or going up hill.

Its in over the weekend, so i m waiting to see how things turn out next week.

Its just a little bit concerning when you pay £899 for a well know and top brand (Boardman) bike that s only 6 months old.

In saying that..... i think overall it is a quality bike and i m pleased with it overall but just this wee problem is a small concern!

But its good here from someone else with the same experience. Thanks and I hope you manage to get it fixed eventually. Also if its only one year old is it not under any guarantee/warranty?

dudley 06 Nov 13:45  

Bike:

My Profile
i got a clicking noise on by Boardman recently. Its 18 months old. it happens in the lowest gear on a big hill.
I thought it was gear adjustment, and tried myself. I can usually work these niggles out. Didn't fix it though.

Halfords failed to give me my 6 week 'free' service when i bought it, so i had a voucher 'in hand' so took it in.
They managed to re-confirm all my fears that they are truly useless.
"bikes tend to make noises when you put them under a lot of pressure - it's normal"
well it wasn't normal for 18 months!

Local bike shop spent 5 minutes with it - adjusted everything. Job dine. Good as new.
Apparently it was cable stretch, combined with something having ben knocked slightly out of alignment.

It's not 100% though - i still have to pedal up hill...!

My Latest Route: Nov 2009 Forth Estuary Circular

annieslandmissile 06 Nov 16:00  

Bike:

My Profile
Oh that s interesting to know, thanks.

Yeah i have a friend who works in Halfords and he told me that it would just be need something like
gear adjustment, a cable stretch or something not quiet aligned up.....just like you say.

So I m hoping that with a couple tweaks and adjustments it will get sorted out.

Ha thats some quote from Halfords. Yeah for an 18 month old bike defo not normal!

But yeah that s good to know that i m not the only one experiencing this small problem.

I do love the Boardman though..... top quality!!

yeah i struggle sometimes with the up hill pedaling too! ; )

Happy cycling!!

charlie1 06 Nov 17:43  

Bike:

Dudley: halfords dunfermline by any chance?

annieslandmissile 07 Nov 10:33  

Bike:

My Profile
Just picked up the Boardman and its running like clockwork, so smooth!! : ))

no clicking, brakes tightened up, well greased, cables good, very slick gear changes.

Back to 100% : )

Whitesel52 20 Apr 14:13  

Bike:

Everybody loves to learn language at some point but when it comes to writing so i would say that you can go for the https://www.bestessaytips.com/dissertation_services.php best essay tips service which can provide you all sort of writing at discounted price

Whitesel52 20 Apr 14:13  

Bike:

Everybody loves to learn language at some point but when it comes to writing so i would say that you can go for the [url=https://www.bestessaytips.com/dissertation_services.php]https://www.bestessaytips.com/dissertation_services.php[/url] best essay tips service which can provide you all sort of writing at discounted price

Whitesel52 20 Apr 14:14  

Bike:

Appreciated [url=www.instagram.com/enri1que]nice[/url]
https://www.instagram.com/enri1que

Shakran88 21 Apr 01:42  

Bike:

My Profile
i have only had the bike for 4 months, just a wee bit concerned.

seomind 25 Dec 09:20  

Bike:

My Profile
I finally found great post here.I will get back here. I just added your blog to my bookmark sites. thanks.Quality posts is the crucial to invite the visitors to visit the web page, that's what this web page is providing. Bob Proctor Coaching

seomind 25 Dec 09:31  

Bike:

My Profile
Actually I read it yesterday but I had some thoughts about it and today I wanted to read it again because it is very well written. Bob Proctor Coaching

seomind 25 Dec 09:36  

Bike:

My Profile
I’m happy I located this blog! From time to time, students want to cognitive the keys of productive literary essays composing. Your first-class knowledge about this good post can become a proper basis for such people. nice one Bob Proctor Coaching

seomind 25 Dec 09:43  

Bike:

My Profile
You re in point of fact a just right webmaster. The website loading speed is amazing. It kind of feels that you're doing any distinctive trick. Moreover, The contents are masterpiece. you have done a fantastic activity on this subject! Bob Proctor Coaching

seomind 25 Dec 09:47  

Bike:

My Profile
You have done a amazing job with you website Bob Proctor Coaching

seomind 25 Dec 09:54  

Bike:

My Profile
Just pure brilliance from you here. I have never expected something less than this from you and you have not disappointed me at all. I suppose you will keep the quality work going on. Vector Marketing Review

seomind 28 Jan 12:31  

Bike:

My Profile
Wow what a Great Information about World Day its exceptionally pleasant educational post. a debt of gratitude is in order for the post. United Tax Liens Reviews

seomind 28 Jan 12:49  

Bike:

My Profile
The material and aggregation is excellent and telltale as comfortably. United Tax Liens Reviews

seomind 28 Jan 12:54  

Bike:

My Profile
This is a wonderful article, Given so much info in it, These type of articles keeps the users interest in the website, and keep on sharing more ... good luck. United Tax Liens Reviews

seomind 28 Jan 12:59  

Bike:

My Profile
Actually I read it yesterday but I had some thoughts about it and today I wanted to read it again because it is very well written. Michael Walding Reviews

seomind 28 Jan 13:03  

Bike:

My Profile
I like viewing web sites which comprehend the price of delivering the excellent useful resource free of charge. I truly adored reading your posting. Thank you! Michael Walding Reviews

seomind 28 Jan 13:07  

Bike:

My Profile
Really nice and interesting post. I was looking for this kind of information and enjoyed reading this one. Keep posting. Thanks for sharing. Michael Walding Reviews

mrseod 12 Jun 12:54  

Bike:

My Profile
Wow! Such an amazing and helpful post this is. I really really love it. It's so good and so awesome. I am just amazed. I hope that you continue to do your work like this in the future also. Rainmaker Challenge Reviews

mrseod 12 Jun 13:02  

Bike:

My Profile
Wow what a Great Information about World Day its exceptionally pleasant educational post. a debt of gratitude is in order for the post. financial freedom

mrseod 12 Jun 13:08  

Bike:

My Profile
I'm happy to see the considerable subtle element here!. financial freedom

mrseod 12 Jun 13:12  

Bike:

My Profile
A good blog always comes-up with new and exciting information and while reading I have feel that this blog is really have all those quality that qualify a blog to be a one Dave Sharpe Review

mrseod 12 Jun 13:17  

Bike:

My Profile
I have read your article, it is very informative and helpful for me.I admire the valuable information you offer in your articles. Thanks for posting it.. Dave Sharpe Review

mrseod 12 Jun 13:22  

Bike:

My Profile
I quite like reading an article that can make people think. Also, thanks for allowing for me to comment! financial freedom

12>

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.