We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Whitehaven to Newcastle C2C advice please - Page 2

1 2
lauriem 26 Apr 05:40  

Bike:

Old guys rule!

Just joined as I am a man on a mission (a mature man 56 years young!).

My daughter in law has just been diagnosed with Breast Cancer so me and my two sons have decided to show our support by raising £10,000 for Breast Cancer UK.

Part of this is to ride the C2C from Whitehaven to Newcastle (my home town).

This will be my first long-distance ride, and although I am reasonably fit I have started "proper" training today as we are doing this last week in July.

A couple of questions spring to mind:

Training

My last mad scheme was to do the Great North Run a couple of years ago, and I trained pretty solidly for six months, running three times a week and generally running half the distance of the GNR, i.e. Six to seven miles, then later on stepped that up to eight to nine miles. This was on the advice of a former boss who has ran fifty half and full marathons. Does cycling work like that, or should I be aiming to do 30 miles as my "typical" session (we plan a four to five day trip).

Bike

I have a old Specialized Rockhopper hardtail MTB, and was planning on using it, possibly with road tyres, but also have a newer (but still old!) Ridgeback full sus bike. I could take either bike and two sets of wheels/tyres (a mate is being our back up in a big 4x4 so no problem with space.

Alternatively I could just blow the budget and buy a new road or hybrid.

Accomodation

We are planning to stay in pu/hotels or B&B's no tents as I will need some comfort!

Any recommendations gladly recieved.

Thanks

Laurie

mrseod 25 Jun 10:43  

Bike:

My Profile
Really appreciate this wonderful post that you have provided for us.Great site and a great topic as well i really get amazed to read this. Its really good. Dow Janes Review

mrseod 25 Jun 10:46  

Bike:

My Profile
Three are usually cheap Ralph Lauren available for sale each and every time you wish to buy. ClickBank Reviews

mrseod 25 Jun 11:05  

Bike:

My Profile
I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me to start my own Blog Engine blog now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is a fine example of it. Dow Janes Review

mrseod 25 Jun 11:08  

Bike:

My Profile
If you don"t mind proceed with this extraordinary work and I anticipate a greater amount of your magnificent blog entries Dow Janes Review

mrseod 25 Jun 11:16  

Bike:

My Profile
Your work is very good and I appreciate you and hopping for some more informative posts Dow Janes Review

mrseod 25 Jun 11:19  

Bike:

My Profile
this blog was really great, never seen a great blog like this before. i think im gonna share this to my friends.. financial freedom

mrseod 25 Jun 11:22  

Bike:

My Profile
Thanks for the best blog. it was very useful for me.keep sharing such ideas in the future as well. financial freedom

mrseod 25 Jun 11:30  

Bike:

My Profile
This is a splendid website! I"m extremely content with the remarks!. financial freedom

mrseod 25 Jun 11:35  

Bike:

My Profile
Cool you write, the information is very good and interesting, I'll give you a link to my site. Keala Kanae Review

mrseod 25 Jun 11:38  

Bike:

My Profile
Great Article it its really informative and innovative keep us posted with new updates. its was really valuable. thanks a lot. Keala Kanae Review

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.