We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Best Traffic free trails in England ?

Pesmo 10 Jul 02:59  

Bike:

My Profile
I am thinking of having a holiday later this year where I drive all over the UK and cycle the best long distance trails.

In recent months I have done the Camel Trail & Tarka trail in Devon, and Marriots way in Norfolk, all of which were great fun.

I would rather they were 'Named routes' as above, and went from one place to another, rather than go round in a circle (So that probably excludes most woodland trails) and preferably with only a few yards on roads in case I take youngsters with me. Must be do-able with a wide tyred touring bike with Panniers

Any suggestions ?

TLSON 10 Jul 06:09  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi Pesmo

How about Tissington Trail, Hartington Trail in Derbyshire. Plus I think their is anew long distance path in the county Pennine Bridle path!!

Enjoy

MotoCroz 10 Jul 16:14  

Bike:

Have a look at the Trans Penine Trail. There is a very good website at http://www.transpenninetrail.org.uk/

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.