We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Inverness to Perth advice?

1 2 >
forlinianslip 23 Aug 04:49  

Bike:

My Profile
I plan to do the bike trip from Inverness to Perth as depicted here:

http://www.cycle-route.com/routes/Inverness_to_Perth_via_Loch_Ness-Cycle-Route-2484.html

Since this will be my first cycle ride in Scotland and am completely unfamiliar with the route, I'm especially open to receiving any advice.

In particular, what is the path like along the train track from Tulloch Station to Tundrum Station? And what is the traffic light on the major routes?

Also, I think I will sleep in a tent at various spots along the way. Are there any laws or rules of etiquette of which I should be aware?

Thanks,
Jim
(forlinianslip)

forlinianslip 29 Aug 13:32  

Bike:

My Profile
I'm still intrigued but in a quandry about the supposed cycle route that moves through the mountains on the rail line from Tulloch Station to Tyndrum Station.

I can't find any information about that leg of the trip, and I'm afraid I'm going to have a bad experience about it.

dudley 31 Aug 02:58  

Bike:

My Profile
seems to suggest catching a train!
not sure what sort of path, if any, follows that stretch of railway line.

looking at the map - go west via Fort William, and back to Tyndrum

My Latest Route: Nov 2009 Forth Estuary Circular

forlinianslip 31 Aug 05:09  

Bike:

My Profile
You must be right, Dudley. Thanks for your perspective.

dudley 31 Aug 05:14  

Bike:

My Profile
the plus is you get to cycle up Glencoe.

a stiff hill, but well worth it.
then it's up onto the moor to Tyndrum.
If the wind's blowing the wrong way up there, heaven help you, but if the weather's kind, it is stunning in a bleak kind of way.

did Glencoe to St Andrews one weekend - great cycle.

My Latest Route: Nov 2009 Forth Estuary Circular

forlinianslip 31 Aug 07:51  

Bike:

My Profile
I do need to get to Perth, and it would be nice to avoid major roads.

What about Gen. Wade's Military Road from Fort Augustus through Corrieyairack Pass to Drumgask (24 miles)?

This is probably more of a mountain bike ride. It's very difficult (10 miles of steep ascent) and is a bit dangerous; I'd have to walk for much of the first half. However, it ...achieves great vistas and avoids the major highway. What I lose in speed by walking will be compensated by shortening the total from 170 miles to 127 miles.

http://cycling.visitscotland.com/find_route/highlands/corrieyairack_pass

shapwanderer 02 Sep 14:37  

Bike:

I have found that the ideal route Inverness to Perth is along the A9. It departs Inverness along minor roads gaining height gradually. After crossing the A9 at Slochd summit it drops down to Carrbridge then follows the Spey Valley along a B road through Aviemore etc. to Dalwhinnie. From here to Calvine a newly prepared cycle path is followed until a quiet B road is picked up to Pitlochry. This Sustrans prepared path is brilliant. Although it is close to the A9 it never touches it and is often out of sight. A lot of thought has gone into its manufacture. From Pitlochry to Perth the route is blue signed and follows minor roads all the way except for an imaginative stretch alongside the river Tay into Dunkeld. Road traffic on the minor roads is negligable. The only thing you have to look for are the blue cycle route markers at strategic places.I have done it three times and it is much better than the route via Loch Ness and Fort William. Between Carrbridge and Pitlochry wild camping would not be a problem!
walkdenshap@aol.com

seomind 26 Nov 11:15  

Bike:

My Profile
I think I have never seen such blogs ever before that has complete things with all details which I want. So kindly update this ever for us. Keystone Investors Club Reviews

seomind 26 Nov 12:26  

Bike:

My Profile
Super site! I am Loving it!! Will return once more, Im taking your food likewise, Thanks. Traffic Beast Reviews

seomind 26 Nov 12:36  

Bike:

My Profile
I adore your websites way of raising the awareness on your readers. Traffic Beast Reviews

seomind 26 Nov 12:39  

Bike:

My Profile
Thanks for your post. I’ve been thinking about writing a very comparable post over the last couple of weeks, I’ll probably keep it short and sweet and link to this instead if thats cool. Thanks. Traffic Beast Reviews

seomind 26 Nov 12:43  

Bike:

My Profile
Nice knowledge gaining article. This post is really the best on this valuable topic. Globallee Review

seomind 26 Nov 12:47  

Bike:

My Profile
It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commentators here! Globallee Review

seomind 26 Nov 12:48  

Bike:

My Profile
You completed a number of nice points there. I did a search on the issue and found nearly all people will have the same opinion with your blog. Globallee Review

mrseod 06 May 10:14  

Bike:

My Profile
Great post i must say and thanks for the information. Education is definitely a sticky subject. However, is still among the leading topics of our time. I appreciate your post and look forward to more. Riway Review

mrseod 06 May 10:20  

Bike:

My Profile
I was just browsing through the internet looking for some information and came across your blog. I am impressed by the information that you have on this blog. It shows how well you understand this subject. Bookmarked this page, will come back for more. CoinXL Review

mrseod 06 May 10:23  

Bike:

My Profile
It is perfect time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I've read this post and if I could I desire to suggest you some interesting things or suggestions. Perhaps you could write next articles referring to this article. I want to read more things about it! CoinXL Review

mrseod 06 May 10:31  

Bike:

My Profile
Two full thumbs up for this magneficent article of yours. I've really enjoyed reading this article today and I think this might be one of the best article that I've read yet. Please, keep this work going on in the same quality. CoinXL Review

mrseod 06 May 10:37  

Bike:

My Profile
Cool stuff you have and you keep overhaul every one of us Jubilee Ace Review

mrseod 06 May 10:46  

Bike:

My Profile
Your content is nothing short of brilliant in many ways. I think this is engaging and eye-opening material. Thank you so much for caring about your content and your readers. Jubilee Ace Review

mrseod 06 May 10:57  

Bike:

My Profile
I read your post and I found it amazing! thank! Jubilee Ace Review

mrseod 06 May 11:02  

Bike:

My Profile
As a seller of legal steroids, you can buy Crazy Bulk products, explore stacks and finally get the body you’ve always wanted Pure Profit Pro Review

mrseod 06 May 11:06  

Bike:

My Profile
I surely acquiring more difficulties from each surprisingly more little bit of it Pure Profit Pro Review

mrseod 06 May 11:15  

Bike:

My Profile
This is a great inspiring article.I am pretty much pleased with your good work.You put really very helpful information... Pure Profit Pro Review

mrseod 08 May 08:52  

Bike:

My Profile
I’m happy I located this blog! From time to time, students want to cognitive the keys of productive literary essays composing. Your first-class knowledge about this good post can become a proper basis for such people. nice one Enneagram 5w4

mrseod 08 May 09:02  

Bike:

My Profile
You re in point of fact a just right webmaster. The website loading speed is amazing. It kind of feels that you're doing any distinctive trick. Moreover, The contents are masterpiece. you have done a fantastic activity on this subject! Enneagram 5w4

mrseod 08 May 09:05  

Bike:

My Profile
You have done a amazing job with you website Enneagram 5w4

mrseod 08 May 09:13  

Bike:

My Profile
Very useful post. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. Really its great article. Keep it up. Enneagram 5w4

mrseod 08 May 09:18  

Bike:

My Profile
Thank you for the post. I will definitely comeback. Enneagram 5w4

mrseod 08 May 09:22  

Bike:

My Profile
This is a wonderful article, Given so much info in it, These type of articles keeps the users interest in the website, and keep on sharing more ... good luck Enneagram type 6

12>

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.