We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Puncture Resistant Tires

John1f1 27 Sep 10:31  

Bike:

My Profile
I am looking to purchase a set of puncture resistant mountain bike tires, what is the best set for value for money? I am looking to spend around £20/30.

Thanks

My Latest Route: Sep 2011 Kirkintilloch to Milngavie
soren 28 Sep 05:09  

Bike:

My Profile

Schwallbe Marathon Plus MTB tyres, Bullet proof.

BusterG 28 Sep 05:39  

Bike:

My Profile
I am probably going to jinx it now but i am on £6 bike shop no-name brands and havent had a puncture yet. Bought them in Feb and have put about 600miles on them. I think the bike shop owner was about to dump them.

I travel on country lanes mainly and there is a lot of sharp gravel and flint about. Off to the isle of wight friday.

I have heard that the marathons are the best after my £6 set naturally.

Good luck
Buster

My Latest Route: Oct 2013 Liss

John1f1 28 Sep 06:41  

Bike:

My Profile
Thanks a lot.

John

My Latest Route: Sep 2011 Kirkintilloch to Milngavie

soren 28 Sep 07:57  

Bike:

My Profile
Something else to remember "John", always run your tyres at the recommended tyre pressure

Pesmo 23 Oct 07:51  

Bike:

My Profile
If you read the current 'Punctures' thread you will see in there pretty much all of the main puncture resistant tyrs mentioned.

rook 28 Oct 20:42  

Bike:

My Profile
I had quite a few punctures up until July when i had a Schwalbe 'Smart Sam' fitted to my back wheel, to 'get me home' in the bikestore guys words.
Anyway, that tyre is still serving me well and i fitted a Continental Travel Impact to the front wheel.

I was planning to have Continentals on both tyres but i have stuck with this combination ever since, no punctures (and i have been on some tracks where i've thought yep this is punctureville !)
It does look slightly strange with the road tyre on the front and the fat mtb tyre on the back, but its working like a charm.

I suppose the front tyre is going to be no good for mud this winter, so i will see how that goes.
I hope im proved wrong

My Latest Route: Oct 2011 Worthing to Arundel

mstar12 31 Oct 08:02  

Bike:

My Profile
As Soren says Schwalbe Marathon Plus MTB tyres, the marathon plus road tyres are indistuctable. I have Schwalbe city jets on my mountain bike which I use for work and have had one puncture in 2500 miles when I went over a broken bottle base which still only just pricked the tube.
£23 each on the bay for MP mtb and £12.00 for the city jets (these are smooth though)

My Latest Route: Aug 2011 Coast 2 Coast Workington to South Shields

Edinson 18 Oct 13:16  

Bike:

My Profile
Somehow, in rainy weather, my car skidded, it was due to poor-quality tires. For my car and for the comfort of traveling on it, I first looked for suitable tires. I have chosen the right set of tires with which you can ride on the sand check these tires are excellent quality and exactly what is suitable for driving in extreme conditions.

flacohandsome 19 Jan 06:03  

Bike:

My Profile
If you can't decide with a tire company or auto service provider, please find and check customers reviews. Here are some opinions about Tires Plus https://tires-plus.pissedconsumer.com/review.html , each post had been published by real client and is rather objective. I would consider this company or one with similar feedbacks, good luck!

seomind 07 Nov 09:07  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi there, I found your blog via Google while searching for such kinda informative post and your post looks very interesting for me financial freedom

seomind 07 Nov 09:29  

Bike:

My Profile
When your website or blog goes live for the first time, it is exciting. That is until you realize no one but you and your. financial freedom

seomind 07 Nov 09:32  

Bike:

My Profile
Easily, the article is actually the best topic on this registry related issue. I fit in with your conclusions and will eagerly look forward to your next updates. financial freedom

seomind 07 Nov 09:36  

Bike:

My Profile
I have bookmarked your website because this site contains valuable information in it. I am really happy with articles quality and presentation. Thanks a lot for keeping great stuff. I am very much thankful for this site. financial freedom

seomind 07 Nov 09:40  

Bike:

My Profile
When your website or blog goes live for the first time, it is exciting. That is until you realize no one but you and your. financial freedom

seomind 07 Nov 09:43  

Bike:

My Profile
I want you to thank for your time of this wonderful read!!! I definately enjoy every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff of your blog a must read blog! financial freedom

seomind 07 Nov 10:16  

Bike:

My Profile
I would like to say that this blog really convinced me to do it! Thanks, very good post. financial freedom

seomind 07 Nov 10:21  

Bike:

My Profile
Thank you for helping people get the information they need. Great stuff as usual. Keep up the great work!!! financial freedom

seomind 07 Nov 10:28  

Bike:

My Profile
Here at this site really the fastidious material collection so that everybody can enjoy a lot. financial freedom

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.