We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Manchester (Well Denton Tameside) To Blackpool Tower

roger_edwards79 09 Jun 12:43  

Bike:

I'm wondering if anybody can help me, me and about 6 other people are going to do a sponsored bike
ride from Denton (Tamside) to Blackpool Tower.

Ive seen that you can go via Old Trafford so getting there isnt a problem its just after there i need help.

I was wondering is there any routes that go via Canals? Cycle Paths or is best to use A6 etc.

Please can anybody as its all for a good cause....

Thanks

Roger

bloomp 10 Jun 11:06  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi roger,
Have just submitted the route I would use from Denton. I worked in Ardwick for many years so know the route to Walkden well and have also spent years taking the kids through Charnock / Preston / Blackpool along the route shown.
Hope this helps :-)

My Latest Route: Sep 2010 Middlesborough to Thorpe Thewles Circuit

bloomp 14 Jun 06:22  

Bike:

My Profile
Roger,
Just reviewed my route http://www.cycle-route.com/routes/Denton_to_Blackpool-Cycle-Route-4884.html and realised you can skip south of Preston by going thro Chorley on Bolton Rd / Market St then left onto A581 Southport Rd.
Follow thro to turn right onto Wigan Rd A49 abd head North until the A5083 at Cuerden (NCR-55 runs through Cuerden Park here) which joins the A5254 to Lostock Hall which bypasses Preston and rejoins my original route at A5072 Guild Way.
NCR-62 is around here & takes you along the canal to the coast through Lytham on the A584 to Blackpool. It is less direct but picturesque.

My Latest Route: Sep 2010 Middlesborough to Thorpe Thewles Circuit

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.