We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

France Cycle via Spain and Portugal for Charity

jaysheldrake 23 Feb 13:49  

Bike:

Im currently looking at doing a charity ride with a friend around Aug 2011.The plan is to get the ferry over to France,then cycle on a tandem through France,taking in Spain and Portugal also.
Is there anyone out there with any advice on routes etc?
I realize it will be tough but am determined to succeed after my father in law recently suffered major heart problems.

Many thanks,
Jason

anerley bicycle club 25 Feb 04:25  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi Jason, I have recently posted a forum item entitled "Cycling in the Picos de Europa mountains in northern Spain". This is about a charity bike ride that I am doing this year. So we have a lot in common. I have previously cycled , in 2005, across Spain from Santander to Santiago de Compostella. This is not far from northern Portugal. A lot of the planning and problems to be overcome will be common to both of us. We are off to Spain in August 2010 and everything is now booked. All we need now is some decent weather for bike training! I am currently thinking about doing a blog/web site about the planning and training for our charity ride. Most of which applies to any overseas bike tour.

My Latest Route: Nov 2012 Croydon to Tea Room At Knockholt, and Back.

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.