We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Trails from Glasgow to Millport?

Radulove06 30 Oct 09:47  

Bike:

I am interested in biking from Glasgow to the Millport Ferry. I am new to biking and would like to take trails if at possible and minimise my time of roads. Can anyone recommend a route?

Brandane 03 Nov 12:45  

Bike:

My Profile
Which part of Glasgow are you starting from? I will assume Glasgow Central station..... One of the Sustrans routes runs from the north bank of the Clyde at the Broomielaw and follows minor roads and paths through Govan and Pollock park to Paisley Canal railway station (it is well signposted, details can be found on "Sustrans" website). From there, there is a disused railway line which is now a cycle path. This runs all the way to Kilmacolm. From there, take minor roads to Loch Thom, and down the Brisbane Glen Road (very quiet single track) to Largs, from where the Millport ferry sails. For more details of the leg from Paisley to Largs, have a look at a route I posted during the summer....

http://www.cycle-route.com/routes/Largs_Circular_via_Eaglesham-Cycle-Route-5772.html

My Latest Route: Aug 2011 Gourock Loch Lomond Loop

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.