We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Maryhill to RAH in Paisley

vavavikki 13 Jun 09:32  

Bike:

Hello!
I have been riding for a month or so and can mange over 20 miles in one go now (with my inhalers!).
Soon I will be working at the RAH and want to commute. I'm not sure about going through the tunnel, I would like your ideas on how to get from West of Scotland Science park to the RAH, what are the options for crossing the river etc.

bx_83 24 Jun 15:53  

Bike:

My Profile
the clyde tunnel doesnt allow bikes as far as I know anymore so that would be out your next way over would be the clyde arc bridge next the secc. my sugested route would be down maryhill rd, then queen margaret drive, head towards city centre via great western rd then cut across kelvingrove park down to the secc, over the bridge hang a right onto govan rd past festival park, hang a left at whitefield rd to paisley rd west which should get you into paisley and from there your choice?

My Latest Route: Jun 2009 Govan Ibrox Loop (easy)

ronmac 26 Jun 11:49  

Bike:

My Profile
Another possibility which is more off-road and therefore a nicer ride is :

1. Take the Forth and Clyde canal path to Erskine Bridge and cross bridge.
2. Follow the A726 from bridge round Glasgow Airport to St. James playing fields then cut through to the right past St. Mirren football ground and make way last mile or so to RAH.

You can probably cut through Erskine if you don't fancy cycling on A726 and the bit round the airport has a pavement that is also for cyclists.

epa611 03 Aug 04:22  

Bike:

My Profile
1. Along Marhill Road to Canniesburn Toll
2. Down Switchback Road/Bearsden Road to Anniesland Cross
3. Continue down Crow Rd/Balshagray Ave until you see sign sot the Clyde cycle tunnel
4. Go through tunnel and you reach Govan.
5. From Govan head towards Cardonald at Paisley Road West
5. Here you can either go straight along Paisley Road West/Glasgow Road to Paisley or plot a way onto NCN7/75 at Cardonald. NCN7/75 oasses the RAH (see www.sustrans.org.uk for exact route using their mapping facility).

Also, a copy of the Glasgow Cycle map is handy. Ben at Kinetics in Switchback Road will sell you a copy.

HTH.

Paul

east 11th. St. Messenger 04 Mar 12:15  

Bike:

the tunnel IS open to cyclists. There is a buzzer/lock/cctv system in place now so hopefully its broken glass and eedjit free.

threescorpion 11 Mar 17:56  

Bike:

EEJITS FREE ? OH GREAT THAT MEANS I DONT HAVE TO PAY

johiakim 02 Feb 07:35  

Bike:

There is a speciel section in the clyde tunnel for those who chose to cycle. It runs from whiteinch to Govan.

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.