We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

iPhone App for routes

karen14568 06 Aug 08:42  

Bike:

Hi
Does anyone know how I can plan a route on an iPhone - is there an app for this please?
Thanks

longbob 06 Aug 14:11  

Bike:

My Profile
There are a fair few apps out there but i am not sure yet of one that lets you plan your own routes (which would be nice).

One app i can recommend is Cyclemeter...think i paid about £2.39. it works as a route tracker using GPS. once you start it off it tracks you route and works out speed, elevation, distance etc and is pretty spot on when i check it against my bike computer...also lets you store your routes for future reference and for you to ride again, giving you data on if you have improved on the route or not...it uses a map function to show your route which is handy...

all in all pretty cool little app!

only down side is the GPS does hammer the battery!

Outrunner 06 Aug 14:39  

Bike:

My Profile
ViewRanger will let you, but it is £150 for the UK 1:50,000 maps

karen14568 07 Aug 14:37  

Bike:

Thanks for the information - I have Map My Ride+ which logs it all, similar to the one you mentioned.

The £150 a little too expensive, especially when we can work it out on this site - just like having it all on my phone!

Thanks again

Rob500 10 Feb 13:51  

Bike:

Just seen this post so not sure if you've found what you need yet.....
I've been using Runkeeper for a couple of years and so far it's been great. There are free and pro versions.
After setting up an account, all the activities are sent to your web page which also allows you to create your own routes. It does loads more too if you need other features.

jjs72 14 Feb 10:51  

Bike:

Just wanted to re-iterate what last member has said "Runkeeper" is an awesome free app I have been using for months now and it has never let me down, user friendly and full of useful info..

tweets72 16 Feb 04:51  

Bike:

Hi,
I just downloaded the app 'Bike Hub' which works like a Sat Nav...think it was provided by Sustrans and I find it a pretty cool app - and it's FREE!
Tracey

herbie 17 Feb 15:33  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi karen,

A little long winded but this is how I plan a route so I dont lost if i'm going somewhere new :-

1:Create route at RIDEWITHGPS.COM (easiest planner - & free account).
It Gives you the miles it will take as well height of hills.
works like google maps zoom,satellite etc
You can search other peoples routes.

2:export map In GPS Format to desktop
3:Import GPS track to EVERYTRAIL.COM (free account ) save in your favourites folder

4:download & install EVERYTRAIL APP (PRO VERSION £2.39)
EVERYTRAIL also have a free version to try out before you buy.

5: OPEN APP - Locate favourite folder and your track will be there.
You can set compass so it shows you which way to turn if you get lost
You can also Track time etc.

Sample route from RIDEWITHGPS.COM =

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/70183

Hope that all makes sense.
I had help from someone to set that up - give me a shout back is you need any more info.

Mark

My Latest Route: Sep 2012 Birmingham to Worcestor Via Canal

spudvanfox 09 Jul 15:57  

Bike:

not got an i phone but my mate has he's got memory map where u can plan routes on a os map 1:25000 scale and u get a free trial!!! mbr mag use it, i use it on the pc my self u can even watch your route in 3d and see the scale of your climbs and decents great bit of soft wear!!!

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.