We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Cheap cycle stuff

jimwoo25 01 Oct 17:43  

Bike:

My Profile
Howdy folks,

At the risk of turning this forum into a 'uk hot deals' site, thought i would mention that my mate recently got me a 1.5l camel pack from asda for three pounds in the bargain bin.

I've noticed too that shops seem to be discounting the cycle accessories near me. Not sure if its the same nationwide but i think that now the summer is over, might be a good time to get some bargains in!

If anyone knows any good places to buy cheap cycling clothes on line, do tell!!

Cheers all
Jim

krazykayaker 03 Oct 05:43  

Bike:

My Profile
sportsdirect.com on the interwebnet thingy have karrimor short and long sleeve cycle tops for £8 & £10

i have one of each!

My Latest Route: Jan 2010 Corley Circular via Fillongley and Ash Green

mattk 01 Nov 13:00  

Bike:

My Profile
Lidl will be selling some thermal sports long sleeved tops for £12.99 and thermal 'long johns' (that look very similar to cycling pants) for £9.99 - starting Thurs 5th Nov, they look ok for the price and maybe worth a look! Not sure they're at every store so might be a good idea to check their website.

My Latest Route: Feb 2010 National Cycle Network 15 NCN

Sadoldsamurai 09 Nov 13:57  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi Jim,
Sadly I think that you get what you pays for...
Daughter swaers by Minx, really great quality, warm/dry and smart..really worth that Xtra bob or so..
However there are some great bargains -end of line out there, I have seen some stuff at Lidl but it's always the wrong size!

My Latest Route: Nov 2009 Brandon Ford to Ilderton Off Road

Stargazer 09 Nov 18:29  

Bike:

My Profile
Agree with above!

I bought some bib-shorts from Aldi, just don't fit right at all! My Nalini ones are so much better.

My Latest Route: Aug 2011 Chester Circular Via Kelsal Hill

krazykayaker 15 Feb 16:40  

Bike:

My Profile
Typical, i was browsing the net for a waterproof jacket for myself and found this for a tenner

http://www.cyclesense.co.uk/products.php?plid=m18b6s217p7715

So SWMBO now has a new jacket on order

Looks like a bargain for anyone who is or knows someone who is a size 8 and needs/wants a new jacket

My Latest Route: Jan 2010 Corley Circular via Fillongley and Ash Green

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.