We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

spds vrs look

mike675r 05 Sep 16:59  

Bike:

My Profile
anybody got any views about which is best on the road i use spds but been thincking of changing to look pedals so anyone got a view

Oldpat 06 Sep 02:47  

Bike:

My Profile
I would recommend that you borrow some (if you can) to try them out before spending your money. After years of using spd's on mountain bikes I bought some Look Keo pedals when I got a road bike. I gave them a good shot - 6 weeks of trying, but I couldn't get away with them. What got me was the fact that they are single-sided entry. I found getting away from traffic lights a nightmare! Eventually I gave up and bought some Speedplay pedals. It took me a while to get used to them but now I'm OK. Having said that, most people seem to use the Look-style pedals without any problems - I recently did the Ken Laidlaw sportive and I would guess that 90% of the riders were using them.

Patrick

My Latest Route: Jun 2012 Rowlands Gill - Haltwhistle Via Blanchland

BusterG 06 Sep 04:21  

Bike:

My Profile
I use SPDs on road and mtb.
(1) You dont need 2 pairs of cycling shoes
(2) Why put yourself getting used to something else if you are used to SPDs already?
(3) SPDs are reversable (that is both sides are "sunny side up")

Good luck whatever way you choose to go.
PS I am the most un-fashionable person you will see on a bike so take this into account when reading the above.
:-)
Buster

My Latest Route: Oct 2013 Liss

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.