We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

just started cycling to work

HelenP 18 May 08:51  

Bike:

feeling quite proud of myself as initially i was quite nervous about cycling to work and back but have managed 4 days now so far. My work is 9.1 miles from my home and it's currently taking me between 50mins and an hour which i'm sure is a snails pace compared to some of you but i'm quite pleased for my first attempts. Some my route is quite busy too but even that's not bothering me too much any more. I managed two days this week so i totalled 36.4 miles.

swalld 23 May 07:53  

Bike:

My Profile
well done. Doesn't matter about speed. One piece of advice is enjoy the cycling but don't completely lose the nerves. I've been doing it for 3 years now and recently I became a bit too relaxed and wasn't paying full attention. Nearly ended up being run off road by a car.
I love it though - It was one of the best things I ever started

sdwalker 24 May 08:17  

Bike:

My Profile
If you are just starting 18miles a day is good going as you build up your stamina you will notice the time will start to get faster. it is worth getting a odometer which will help you keep track of your progress (try and get one that does an average speed as well as current and max speed) keep it up and also look for alternate routes to keep it fresh and to stop getting commuter zombiefied

My Latest Route: Mar 2012 Bedgebury Forest Red Route

spaceman 27 May 14:48  

Bike:

My Profile
Well done, Ive been doing the same for 4 years now and it makes a massive difference. I feel fitter, happier,stronger.
Hope you enjoy it to.

My Latest Route: Jul 2012 Bedworth to Startford Via Fosse Way and Return Via Kenilworth

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.