We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

just had my helmet save me

VELOcete 21 Apr 13:41  

Bike:

My Profile
had a bit of a spill on seaward st glasgow today hit the central reservation and came off my bike. all my own stupid fault, the reason im posting is im wondering why some of us dont wear helmets.i clattered my head to the point ive split my helmet. im sitting thinking here wtf would i be like if i hadnt been wearing one my heads a bit sore but im fine otherwise.so would like to know why folks dont wear them. price surely isnt a factor the one i had on today cost a tenner and. it stopped me splitting my skull so people always wear a helmet as they really do work.

VELOcete

Cymru69 21 Apr 16:23  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi VELO,
Yeah, it always strikes me as crazy when you consider the consequences of bashing your head onto the ground without one. Some years ago I had a similar experience. I was riding along on slightly damp road and the front wheel just shot sideways. I went down like the proverbial and the next thing I heard was my helmet scraping along the floor. It also split but as it was a Giro, at the time they offered half price replacement as part of their R&D.
I used to ride motorcycles when I was younger and sort of wished I had the choice to cover up or not until I caught a bumblebee on the front of my helmet at fifty mph. it felt like I'd been hit by a stone and the mess was pretty yucky! Boy was I glad of the protection.
If the government can legislate for M/cycles I don't see why they're scared of legislating for cyclists. The sooner they man up the safer for cyclists.

Cheers

Chris

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.