We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

dogs

adam 15 Jul 16:24  

Bike:

My Profile
wonder if anybody had problems with dog owners letting thier dogs run free
on the foot paths in strathclyde park.has i nearly run down a few of the mutts.i do like dogs

happy 16 Jul 03:12  

Bike: Orange P7 with Rock Shox, Michelin Wildgripper Lites, XTR Chainset

My Profile
Hi Adam,

Yeah I've nearly had a few encounters, once nearly ended in a lake because of a dog.

I guess the thing is, if the place you are cycling allows cyclists then I suppose you would definitely have to allow dogs walkers too, so its just about making the best of it really.

Is it a specific cyclist only path?

Happy

My Latest Route: Oct 2010 Livingston to Ayr Avoiding A71

adam 16 Jul 07:31  

Bike:

My Profile
the path is for walkers,dogs and bicycles but dogs must be keep on the lead at all times according to the manager of the park

happy 16 Jul 07:57  

My Profile
yeah in that case its not so good.

are the signs clearly visible? Might be worth contacting gobike, they deal with lots of issues like these and even have contacts at the council for helping improve signs and warnings to educate these walkers.

happy

adam 21 Jul 11:55  

Bike:

My Profile
went back to srathclyde park today and they know have a cycle lane round about half of it know

happy 26 Jul 05:24  

My Profile
is it specifically for bikes?

reckon this was in response to the dog problem you encountered?

Lomas 10 Apr 12:34  

Bike:

My Profile
Very frequently, your pet may start to feel unwell, cough, and feel ill. As a result, it's crucial to monitor your pet, go in for routine medical visits, and utilize http://www.amazon.com/Vetflix-Herbal-Supplement-Dogs-Cats/dp/B08KJ9HVMG to assist you better your pet's health. When looking for cough medicines, this medication is a great option because it can be used to treat both wet and dry cough in cats and dogs of various kinds and sizes.

charlly 29 Feb 00:02  

Bike:

My Profile
It's concerning to encounter unleashed dogs on footpaths at Strathclyde Park. While appreciating dogs, safety for all users is paramount. Responsible pet ownership means ensuring dogs are leashed in public areas, preventing accidents and fostering dogs for personal protection harmony among park visitors. Let's promote mutual respect and safety for everyone's enjoyment.

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.