We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

cycling to work

howardglaves 28 May 14:48  

Bike:

I started riding to work about 4 months ago am pleased with how fast my fitnes levels rose my journey is about 28 mile round trip, recently I have had trouble with some low lives in the chester area in which on one occassion I had a glass off beer thrown at my face whilst cycling, I just wondered if any one else had any similar experiences.

spaceman 29 May 15:58  

Bike:

My Profile
Sorry to hear about your bad experiance, unfortunately there are always the odd idiot about.
I try to smile and be curtious as I can but some times I get a bit annoyed.
I cylce 40 mile a day, Bedworth to Warwick via Coventry and Kenilworth. But too early in the morning for low life and never had much bother coming home in the evening.
Other than, people walking out in front of me, they just do not see cyclists, mind they are on the phones texting etc.
Never had much bother from other traffic.

My Latest Route: Jul 2012 Bedworth to Startford Via Fosse Way and Return Via Kenilworth

howardglaves 29 May 19:06  

Bike:

Hopefully it was a one off incident not that it will stop me from cycling I enjoy it to much. Its easier going in to work as its mainly downhill but going home its usualy after midnight and the last 8 miles is all uphill, with the last 3 miles being pretty steep. I'm using a hybrid bike at the moment but don't think its up to the punishment so am looking for a proper road bike

swalld 01 Jun 17:09  

Bike:

My Profile
I think the fact you cycle home after midnight says it all.If you'd been walking past i think they would have done the same thing. Don't worry about it. I love cycling and am finding I am part of an ever growing number. It makes me feel fit and I can cope with sleepless nights from the kids / work. Keep going.

Velar Grant 05 Jun 05:28  

Bike:

I'm so sorry to hear that.I'm cycling in the city quite offten but this never happend to me.
Some lorry&black cab drivers sometimes shouting about spaceeee ...and once someone was even slapping my bottom while I was cycling...The world is full of lunatics but that fact don't stop me.Wish you this same!:))

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.