We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

campaign to improve road safety for cyclists

HardRockPro 04 Feb 10:53  

Bike:

My Profile
Hello all

The Times is running a serious campaign to improve road safety for cyclists.
If you click on the link you will be able to read their manifesto, pledge your support, and contact your MP to ask him what his/her intentions are.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/public/cyclesafety/contact/

My Latest Route: Feb 2012 33 Mile Round Trip From Felling, Tyne & Wear
STID 04 Feb 14:47  

Bike:

My Profile
The time has come when cyclists should be the safest roads users on the road.

Should be given priorty over all cars and trucks/lorries.

The fact more people are turning to cycling is the sign for our elected politician to start doing things for our good, rather than spending all their time lining their own pockets.

My Latest Route: Aug 2009 Abingdon to Long Crendon and Long Hanborough Loop.

annieslandmissile 04 Feb 17:22  

Bike:

My Profile
This sounds a great idea.

Cyclists need to be given more room and respect by car drivers and other vehicle drivers.

There definitely should be more designated cycle lanes that run continuously. (so many of them start and stop.)

Thanks for the link

jaseb70 05 Feb 18:11  

Bike:

This will be a gret idea to get this campaign going, but for them to take notice will take a lot of doing, and so count me in for the start of a massive campaign to help people like us cycle users to be more safer on the roads......

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.