We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

brandon to crook

gipa 31 Jul 08:56  

Bike:

My Profile
is there a proper cycle track that goes from brandon to crook.the reason my sister has shifted there and i would like to surprise her .i would ride from annfield plain to brandon okay ,its just the brandon to crook i dont fancy doing the road from brandon .

mr.mole 31 Jul 10:38  

Bike:

My Profile
To be honest im not sure, When ive been over that way ive gone the way of the A688 past spenny, where i usually stop to see a mate, then ride on to Bishop along then main road. im assuming thats the long way round for u though

gipa 31 Jul 10:43  

Bike:

My Profile
i can use a track to get all the way to brandon ,was just wondering if ive got to use road to get further to crook .was hoping there was a track somewhere near .there must be someone from brandon on here who has rode to crook .

voodoouser 01 Aug 08:36  

Bike:

There's a track from Brandon to Willington, i've cycled on it a few times but there's no track from Willington to Crook. If you look on a map for the Co-Operative store in Willington the track starts there and ends near the Morely Woods Pub.

eltelio 01 Aug 10:57  

Bike:

My Profile
hi gipa, the Brandon - Bishop Aukland track drops you into Willington a couple of miles east of Crook, or the Deerness Valley walk/track will take you to Crook from the north side with Billy Row on your west. Means going north on your start from Brandon tho. Laters bud..

My Latest Route: May 2012 Wylam and Beyond

gipa 01 Aug 12:40  

Bike:

My Profile
thinking of having a go later this week cheers guys

albion 01 Aug 15:44  

Bike:

My Profile
When you hit the parking and picnic area you take the right railtrack(Deer Valley railway walk) which heads to Crook via Stanley Crook.

Bing Maps will show it via its OS setting. It makes a good circular route via the Brandon Line at Willington.

My Latest Route: Feb 2012 Bowes Railway Path Start to End

albion 01 Aug 15:47  

Bike:

My Profile
Pop into the library before you start.
Durham reproduced their free cycling maps recently so the route is shown.

I prefer the Durham maps to the Newcastle ones.

gipa 01 Aug 16:27  

Bike:

My Profile
are they asny good like albion

albion 01 Aug 17:50  

Bike:

My Profile
They certainly get you from A to B, and show all on-road and off-road routes.

The Durham ones also show the hills which is why they are far better than the Newcastle ones.

gipa 01 Aug 17:53  

Bike:

My Profile
will these maps be in all libraries albion ,cos i can go to my local or go to consett library im at annfield plain ..

gipa 05 Aug 16:08  

Bike:

My Profile
There's a track from Brandon to Willington, i've cycled on it a few times but there's no track from Willington to Crook. If you look on a map for the Co-Operative store in Willington the track starts there and ends near the Morely Woods Pub.

well i got to the co op and turned right and rode up the road all the way to crook annfield plain to crook i think i did in about 1-40 was well happy :)

albion 06 Aug 07:02  

Bike:

My Profile
When referring to Brandon I think of 'Brandonon Line'.

The Deerness Valley Railline is probably signposted Esh Winning and/or Urshaw Moor.
It splinters off the Brandon Line at Stone Bridge near Broom Park.

In the opposite direction when returning from Crook its very easy to find being a gritty right turn 550 metres along the Stanley Crook road.

gipa 06 Aug 07:32  

Bike:

My Profile
will go that way next time albion tyvm .got to say i enjoyed the ride

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.