We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

blackpool to manchester

gleds 10 Dec 14:55  

Bike:

Hi we are a small and new club and are hopeing to cycle from blackpool to manchester and then manchester to
triangle nesr halifax via the cannal route we are looking for a route from blackpool avoiding roads if possible
if you can help this would be great many thanks Triangle Cycle Club

PhilCadd 15 Dec 20:48  

Bike:

My Profile
Don't know how helpful this is, but from Southport to Trafford in Manchester along the Trans Pennine Trail is largely road free(90% ish) along good standard trail and old railway lines. That first stage is around 60 miles fairly flat. From Trafford into Manchester city centre on Bridgewater canal, then onto Rochdale canal and up to Sowerby Bridge (again 90-95% traffic free). Fairly good surface, apart from coming out of north Manchester where they have decided to do some of the towpath with a granite gravel and coming into Todmorden it can get muddy in poor weather. That stage is aroung 45 miles. Also, as it is canal towpath it is flat except at locks, and should be fairly easily manageable for cyclists of all abilities.

My Latest Route: Feb 2013 Southport-triangle Traffic Free

PhilCadd 15 Dec 21:59  

Bike:

My Profile
have posted a route for you to look at.

gleds 18 Dec 11:52  

Bike:

Hi PHIL

THANK YOU VERY MUCH WILL PASS THIS ON TO THE TEAM

PhilCadd 03 Jan 11:51  

Bike:

My Profile
http://www.cycle-route.com/routes/Southport-triangle_Traffic_Free-Cycle-Route-7680.html

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.