We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Which Tyres are better

fillbee 22 Jun 04:38  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi
I am cycling from Nottingham to Skegness soon and I have been told to use solid tyres instead of pneumatic ones.
I was wondering what everyone else's views are on this.

Thanks All

My Latest Route: Jul 2015 Hucknall Through The Lakes and Bulwell Forest
BusterG 23 Jun 07:38  

Bike:

My Profile
that is rubbish.

My Latest Route: Oct 2013 Liss

tazbikebiz 23 Jun 18:59  

Bike:

Someones been winding you up ! lol

8pete 27 Jun 04:57  

Bike:

My Profile
yep as they have already said....some one is playing you :)

dudley 01 Jul 03:39  

Bike:

My Profile
don't listen to these guys, they're all having you on

In this area of the country it is DEFINITELY advisable to use a solid rubber tyre, produced from the naturally harvested rubber from the British Colonies on the sub-continent.
The use of pneumatic tyres, which of late is being advertised by the young upstart Mr Dunlop, seems unlikely to catch on. How can it possibly work?!
Be sure that your bicycle frame is hand crafted from locally grown ash staves, steam bent in a pressure chamber, and not from imported fast-grown timbers. This will provide the flexibility and strength combination that you require. Regular treatment with linseed oil will prevent woodworm and water damage.
I also suggest you have a word with my tailor who has been working on some remarkably comfortable tweed plus two's and stockings, with a cork and horsehair gusset-plate. These will keep you in fine fettle, and walking tall when you arrive at your lodgings in Skegness.
Also, use a military grade wax for your moustache, as a high speed descent can leave it looking particularly out of sorts.

My Latest Route: Nov 2009 Forth Estuary Circular

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.