We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Stoke on Trent and canal paths

nansea 28 Dec 15:55  

Bike:

I found your website while researching the possiblity of renting a bicycle while visiting the area near Stoke-on-Kent. My husband and I will be travling on a narrowboat with another couple this comming April. I was wondering if it would be possible to rent 2 bicycles from a local shop and also, is it even possible to ride along the canals? The other couple is not interested in riding, but both my husband and I will want to get some exercise during the week that we are on the boat.

Doesw anyone have any suggestions on where I can get more information?

Thanks

rustyspoke 29 Dec 04:45  

Bike:

My Profile
Well contact local canal authority and boat operators or CTC for cycling information.
Most Narrow boat people always have a bike on board and i am sure they will be able to put you in right direction.
Cycle hire look on web for local Stoke on Trent cycle shops as regard renting bikes.

PhilCadd 03 Jan 12:10  

Bike:

My Profile
Most of the canal towpaths in England are suitable for bicycles. Go to the following website: http://canalrivertrust.org.uk/see-and-do/cycling

My Latest Route: Feb 2013 Southport-triangle Traffic Free

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.