We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

So...Who's crazy.?

RonnieG 28 Nov 10:24  

Bike:

My Profile
Anyone been or going for a ride this weekend.

I've just finished a 40 mile loop around where i live, Wakering, essex. It's quite open most of the way and the wind was a little toooooo much. At one pint i was going DOWN a steep hill against the wind and had to change up as if i was on an incline. Wrapped up warm tho so the only pain was in the legs!

So...did you brave it?

Rg

RonnieG 28 Nov 10:34  

Bike:

My Profile
Just re read my post. "at one pint i was going down a steep hill" LOL.... i wished it was after a pint... that would explain it! sadly i was not in the warm... It should read "at one point"

Rg

mark1989 28 Nov 11:24  

Bike:

My Profile
Yesterday on my daily commute to work going straight through an open field with my bike as good as upright and all of my body weight leaning over to the right with the strength of the wind so high, I think the local dogs walkers had a little laugh to themselves with the sight of me.

So no I didnt brave it today, just a day flicking between cycle-route and chainreactioncycles, looking to see what santa will be getting me this year, infront of some aweful wkend TV.

Think tomorrow a service fiddling with my brakes and gears, not a wkend for an epic ride I think.

mark1989

My Latest Route: Nov 2009 Burton Latimer to Desborough Loop

STID 28 Nov 20:27  

Bike:

My Profile
I love cycling and usually I cannot wait to get out. One thing that puts me off big time is a headwind coupled with a chill on the wind, then I am happy to stay indoors.

Don't mind cycling in a frost or cold, but wind and I just don't get along.

So to answer your ?, no I did not brave it.

My Latest Route: Aug 2009 Abingdon to Long Crendon and Long Hanborough Loop.

AndyK 30 Nov 07:54  

Bike:

My Profile
Yup,

Went out yesterday and did 35 miles in the wind and the sleet! Wore my newly purchased Endura stealth extreme biblongs and my legs stayed warm and cozy throughout. I can't reccomend them highly enough (although this was their first trip out so I cant vouch for their durability). I think that it's better training outdoors and investing in good clothing than staying in all winter sweating over a trainer and going nowhere.

My Latest Route: Nov 2009 Morningside Loop Via Innerleithen and Peebles

RonnieG 30 Nov 15:08  

Bike:

My Profile
Nice one. I did another 35 on Sunday. Again sometimes going along sideways lol

I have the same Endura kit. Fantastic aren't they.

As long as i can get my ears out the wind I'm ok.

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.