We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Riding to Brighton (from London) tomorrow 02/10/11

Wolverine 01 Oct 17:30  

Bike:

My Profile
Bit of a last minute plan, anyone want to join me cycling from London to Brighton tomorrow morning, probably leaving central around 8:00am. Or is anyone already riding this route and wouldn't mind me tagging along.

Thanks

Tim

Email tim@bluelux.co.uk

mm 15 Nov 12:15  

Bike:

Hi Tim

Did you manage to cycle to Brighton? If yes,how far is it?What kind of bicycle do you ride?

Maria

Wolverine 15 Nov 12:56  

Bike:

My Profile
Only made it to Haywards Heath that time because it was an incredibly hot day, I was burning up!

I went again last week when I missed the start of the club run. It was much cooler, but annoyingly windy. GPS log below:
Time: 3:42:18
Distance: 57.62 mi
http://connect.garmin.com/player/126993043

I'm riding a road bike at the moment but I have cycled the route to Brighton a few times on my MTB. It's quicker on the road bike, but with a compact chainset, I was really feeling it on the legs when I got to Ditchling! I got stuck behind a train of cars and other cyclists, mashing it out at 60 RPM for most of the way.

If anyone is up for doing the route, let me know and we can arrange something.

Tim

mm 16 Nov 16:33  

Bike:

Thanks for the information.yes,indeed road bike is more appropriate for the distance.I
am interested in cycling the route once, when days get dark late.I suppose it'll be in 2012.I stay in touch.
Currently, I do regular cycling in North london at weekends...not committed to a club, but recreational cycling around 20/30 miles.I've been lazy over some years, so I need to cycle longer routes.

Maria

Wolverine 16 Nov 17:44  

Bike:

My Profile
Hey Maria, I strongly recommend joining a club, it doesn't cost much and you will easily find yourself riding 50-60 miles every week.

Send me an email if you are up for the ride. Don't be put off by the winter; dress sensibly and if you set of early on a Sunday, you can be in Brighton for lunch!

Tim

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.