We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Recommend a Road Bike ?

G69Bear 15 Sep 15:09  

Bike:

Hi Guys,

Recently got back into cycling regularly.
At the moment I have a Mountain Bike (DiamondBack) which I use along river and canal paths but seem to spend half the time on the roads getting to these places.
I've decided to also get a Road Bike to expand my routes and go a bit quicker lol.
I've looked at B'Twin Triban 3 and 5 Road Bikes from Decathlon (store near me) and they look quite decent.
Can anyone recommend a decent bike up to £500 or even slightly more ?

Thanks,

John

marcmcf 15 Sep 15:34  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi John,

I got myself a Specialized Allez in March this year from Dales cycles for £500. Its well reviewed in the magazines and I'v not had any problems with it, really happy with it,

Marc

G69Bear 15 Sep 15:38  

Bike:

Hi Marc,

Thanks for the reply.

That's a bike I've also noticed by browsing on the web funnily enough.

Something to chew over anyway.

Johann 30 Sep 07:45  

Bike:

Hi. I bought a Specialized Secteur 9 months ago. If you plan on doing longer distances more often, this bike is perfect. Extremely comfortable and good value for money. As I am in the market of upgrading to something better, a cycling buddy of mine advised to to buy the best possible bike that you can afford. My Secteur gave me lots of hassles because I do 40 miles every day commuting to work in London. I had to replace the bottom bracket, rear hub and head set within the first 6 months. By buying something with at least Shimano 105 components you are supposed to have peace of mind for this not to happen. I will let you know once I get my new (much more expensive bike) if this is the case. Good luck

lolweb 30 Sep 09:56  

Bike:

I too have just got back into cycling again after several years. I bought the Triban 5 road bike from Decathlon. I find its excellent and very pleased with it. I and have started to clock some miles up on it already. Just bought a load of winter gear to try and keep it going through the dark cold months ahead. Whatever you end up buying ENJOY!!

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.