We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Need advise & help

Jordan G 16 Jun 12:36  

Bike:

Hi, sorry if this is a thread somewhere on here but I am new to this site. I have recently started to get in the cycling and I have be using a old road racing bike from my grandparents shed but has you might guess it is old and not that good really for hill climbs. I was wondering if any one had any good recommendation for me, i have read a few magazine such has cycling plus but i think your views would be more helpful has you would have used the bike for longer.

Thanks very much in advance

ozzie51 17 Jun 18:24  

Bike:

My Profile
HiJordan G,
What budget? and is for road only.
John

Jordan G 21 Jun 11:56  

Bike:

hi I what the bike for racing and long distance road. I was looking to spend up to £1000

stevedanter 23 Jun 07:55  

Bike:

My Profile
Surely the age of the bike doesn't matter, I'm pretty sure that even back when your grandparent rode that bike he managed to get up hills OK, its the legs that do most of the work on the hills not whether the bike is made from the latest composite materials or has the latest gears or even god forbid a trendy colour scheme. :-)

My Latest Route: Jul 2009 Brecon The Gap Circular

dudley 23 Jun 10:49  

Bike:

My Profile
£1,000?

get a Boardman Team Carbon for £999.99

fantastic spec for the money. read the reviews.
I've done a few thousand miles on mine, and it rocks.

better still, if it applies to you, get it on the government 'bike to work' scheme through your employer, and offset the tax, do you get it cheaper.

My Latest Route: Nov 2009 Forth Estuary Circular

Jordan G 23 Jun 15:27  

Bike:

thanks dudley for the tip it seems a good bike. what is this bike to work scheme is it worth doing

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.