We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

MEKK RAOD BIKES

newrider1967 03 Oct 10:05  

Bike:

My Profile
Loking to upgrade my road bike to a carbon fibre and have been doing a lot of internet searching and come across the following any thought or experience please let me know.

http://wiggle.britishcycling.org.uk/mekk-3g-potenza-sl40-sora-2013/#
Newrider1967

nerostjames 04 Oct 16:02  

Bike:

Hi

Just bought a Mekk Potenza with real good spec, shimano 105 etc a bargain @ £1100 (take a look at Edinburgh Cycles), had it for two months, beautiful bike, my first time on carbon fibre, the first thing I noticed was the weight. The bike is so light that it took me a few weeks just to get used to it, initially it felt very twitchy at speed and quite scary.
However I soon got the feel of it and it's a joy to take out onto the road.
Recently got over 40mph down a local hill and the ride was so smooth although a little scary, couldn't help but think that a rabbit might come out of the hedgerow. The bike is so light and responsive that compared to my old hybrid it's like riding a thoroughbred horse compared to an old nag.
The one thing I love is tackling steep hills, the reduction is weight is so noticeable the bike glides up, weight really does matter.
The geometry of Mekk bikes is a little different to most road bikes so if you decide to buy take advice or even better take one for a test ride.
Overall a super bike, my best purchase in years.

newrider1967 08 Oct 10:01  

Bike:

My Profile
nerostjames
Thanks for your reply I am torn over which bike to get there is so much choice but I do like the look of the MEKK and also the Felt. I currently ride a Giant and like the look of the Giant Composite so a few test rides are in order.

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.