We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Kenet and Avon cycle route

woodies01uk 19 Feb 15:31  

Bike:

Hi, I am thinking of doing the Kenet and Avon cycle route this summer from Bristol To Newbury and would like to know if there is a circular route back to Bristol. We are looking at taking 4 days. Any ideas?

Thanks

BusterG 20 Feb 09:01  

Bike:

My Profile
Dunno if this will help. it is a route on this site.

http://www.cycle-route.com/routes/Bristol_to_Bradford-on-Avon-Cycle-Route-4625.html

My Latest Route: Oct 2013 Liss

woodies01uk 20 Feb 09:05  

Bike:

Thanks for the link to map, ideally I wish to leave car at Bristol and do a circular ride taking in the Kennet and Avon and returning to Bristol lasting no more than 4 days.

Pewsey Beaste 16 Mar 15:36  

Bike:

My Profile
I would suggest that unless on MTB, or weather quite dry for a few days before, to use NCR 4 between Devizes & Hungerford.

Canal here is very picturesque, but mostly unsurfaced and in places very muddy, and in the Pewsey area alarmingly narrow at certain points due to bank collapse.

In reality, there are only a couple of places that can be troublesome unless you have good tread on your tyres. so, if you want to stick to the towpath a close a possible I could highlight the areas of concern.

Depends on the speed you want to do it at.

Also, there and back along the canal isn't too bad - plenty of interest. You will not be bored covering the route twice. :)

My Latest Route: Mar 2012 Pending Route - 28-01-2012 17:59

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.