We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Gluten Free!

Naivasha 01 Apr 04:04  

Bike:

I am not a super speedy,super fit cyclist, but am currently 'in training' for the IOW Randonee. I need to follow a strict gluten free diet and am struggling to work out what gluten free carbs I should be eating and when to keep me cycling. I'm trying a new tack this morning and just about to make gf pasta carbonara for breakfast - hopefully that might help! Does anyone have any experience/knoweldge in this area and can offer me some help/advice? Thanks,

sdwalker 02 Apr 13:02  

Bike:

My Profile
As far as I am aware carbs and gluten pretty much go hand in hand anything with wheat in strictly avoid (bread most Pasta and cake). You can find alternatives gluten free bread is ok but a bit expensive Pasta try to get potato based Pasta it tastes pretty good too.

Cake if you are that way inclined you can get some great receipes that replace flour with wheat free flour, or greated veg which is suprisingly good and really not that bad (these can also be dairy free as well). In terms of what to eat and when snack on berries, nuts and seeds. A friend of mine has 6 mini meals a day which is high in protiens (chicken turky breast packs) hope this is of some use.

Their are so many healthy eating plands out their it is difficult to know which one is good but the key thing is choose one that is right for you and your lifestyle.

My Latest Route: Mar 2012 Bedgebury Forest Red Route

tschappina 02 Apr 14:11  

Bike:

Hi there, I just read your post, and as it happens I'm the bakery manager for "Clive's Pies". We produce delicous Organic Vegetarien/Vegan Gluten Free Pies. They are packed with all fresh Veg and Beans/Pulses.With a crisp and very nice pastry. To find out more just go on the website "clive'spies.co.uk".If you got any questions,just send a email to Sally the owner of "Clive's ". We also produce yummy cakes, brownies and more .Good luck with your training and kind Regards Bernie.
Ps. Just started to take up cycling myself and training for my first "cyclosportive" Dartmoor Classic in Devon. Love it

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.