We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Floor pumps

Bonny6051 15 May 14:27  

Bike:

My Profile
OK, so I went to prepare for a ride today and discovered the tyres were a little flat. I think I am in need of a good quality floor pump as my hand pump appears to have given up the ghost...any one got any advice on which one to get? The Topeak Joe Flow seems to have some good reviews.
Thanks,
Chris

ozzie51 15 May 20:13  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi Chris,
I have got the Lezyne Classic Floor Drive sells for 40quid at Merlin cycle, most important is the gauge is close to the floor as when you knock it over it is less likely to get damaged.
Had it for a year now and is still working great.
John

Wolverine 16 May 07:17  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi Chris,

I bought the Joe Blow (http://www.topeak.com/products/Pumps/JoeBlowSport) about 2 years ago and it's still going strong. I leave it in the office so that my work colleagues can use it so it's had a pretty good bashing from MTB and road users.

It's the only floor pump that I've ever owned so I can't say much for any others, but the JoeBlow has been perfect for me.

Tim.

Bonny6051 17 May 12:57  

Bike:

My Profile
Thanks for this guys. Went to Halfords to get a Joe Blow, but they had sold out...!
Much banter with the shop dude, he recommended a Bike Hut one, so got that. Brought it home and it worked a treat, tyres now rock hard. Will try and get out tomorrow AM, weather permitting of course.

Bonny6051 17 May 12:58  

Bike:

My Profile
...I think that should have been a Joe Flow...!

SteveyB 17 May 14:21  

Bike:

Hi

I bought my first floor pump last week from Aldi £4.99 cheap and cheerful but does the job and the gauge is as good as any I have used in the past. I cant say how long it will last but at this price I wish Id got a few (Ebay resale?)

Cheers Steve

Martin48 20 May 03:02  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi all

Steve, Aldi were selling two types, a long single cylinder and also a double cylinder pump. Which one did you buy? I purchased the single cylinder type but have found that it is hard work getting up to 70psi, so I am not sure if I am using it correctly. However, it is far easier now than it used to be with my old hand pump. If and when I buy a road bike where the tyres should be inflated to a much higher pressure (100 + psi), I am not sure if the Aldi pump will cope.

Martin

My Latest Route: Jul 2017 halstead route

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.