We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Energy/Foods.

MattyDeez 28 May 08:10  

Bike:

Hi,

I just cycled from South Shields to Kirkby Stephen which is 68 mile, although - i could only do 50 mile due to my legs just completely getting exhausted, i brought loads of pasta/tuna/sweetcorn based foods with me to eat on the way but i stopped quite alot of the time, first stop was about 23 miles, then 33 miles then 40 ish, not all eating food just some were resting.

What is the proper way to give yourself energy? I cycle every day about 20 miles so i'm fit to do it.

Is it because i'm not used to the steeper gradients going through to the beginning of the lake district?

I just need some advice on proper ways of dealing with energy and conserving energy and eating advice.

STID 01 Jun 19:32  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi MD, It is my understanding that the food you have mentioned, paste/tuna/sweetcorn should have been eaten prior to starting your cycle. I stand to be corrected, but what I have read is that you load up with those foods first. Eat a reasonable time before you cycle, you don't want indigestion, so have it for breakfast and give it about 2 hours to settle.

Along your journey eat things like fruit, bananas are a great energy food, dried dates and figs too with nuts like sunflower and pumpkin seeds.

Drinking is important and a great refreshing drink I take consists of, 2 fresh squeezed lemons, a small pinch of salt, a teaspoon of honey, a concentrated summer fruits drink and water.

Another good make-your-own snack bar can be made from oats and honey, better and healthier than shop bought ones.

Interested to know if this works for you.

Good luck.

My Latest Route: Aug 2009 Abingdon to Long Crendon and Long Hanborough Loop.

findcarmailer 28 Apr 06:00  

Bike:

I can’t say to myself that I love sweets very much, but from time to time Bonne Maman Strawberry Jam appears in the refrigerator, which children eat with pleasure, and I will intercept a spoon.
I have been buying Bonne Maman Strawberry Jam for a very long time and have always been satisfied with their quality and I want to share about the most popular among my homemade jams and this is strawberry jam. They did not fail with the design and with convenience, everything is fine too. The lid of the Bonne Maman Strawberry Jam jar is comfortable, it opens and closes well with ease, nothing leaks or cracks if you tighten the lid tightly. Usually a pack of jam is eaten by my household members in a few days, it never stales, and then I go to buy another one.

James78 13 May 14:04  

Bike:

My Profile
if you live in a small apartment and don’t have much furniture or belongings, your move may only take a few hours. On the other hand, if you live in a large home with lots of furniture and belongings, your move may take an entire day or longer. Premier Car Shippers in Dallas County, AR

deeyelvis 17 May 01:29  

Bike:

[url=https://mines-weeper.io]Minesweeper[/url] is an extremely popular game and is loved by many people around the world.

Alyssalauren 18 May 07:54  

Bike:

My Profile
I am convinced that their products are an excellent choice for anyone seeking a healthy and delicious snack. Their commitment to using natural ingredients wise choice remodeling and avoiding artificial additives is admirable, and I appreciate their efforts to provide a wide range of snack options to meet different dietary needs. I look forward to trying these snacks myself!

mitchelhorstone 04 Mar 09:35  

Bike:

My Profile
Mister Donut is a renowned donut chain in Singapore, celebrated for its high-quality offerings. The menu at Mister donuts singapore showcases an extensive assortment of donuts, which includes both distinctive flavors like ube and matcha, as well as timeless favorites such as chocolate and glazed. In addition to their delicious donuts, they also provide a selection of chocolate beverages, smoothies, and coffee, catering to a wide range of tastes and preferences.

diannethomas877 14 Mar 05:57  

Bike:

Foods offers a diverse range of nutritious options to fuel your day, ensuring vitality and satisfaction. Their one-time catering service brings convenience and flavor to any event, making gatherings memorable with delicious and wholesome meals.
Going Here:- https://nutrigastro.com/corporate-lunch-catering-alameda-county/

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.